jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Zazzle / Cafepress Link on Profile

1. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

I don't care who follows my blogs or sites. 

But I would like the chance to link profile readers to my shop.

How about a Cafepress or Zazzle or whatever link - call it SHOP or something?

1. CelebrateUSA profile image89
      CelebrateUSAposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I like that idea. Can we include Etsy also?

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

I like the suggestion! I'll bring it up in our next community meeting. big_smile

Thanks, Mark Ewbie.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Good suggestion

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Yes, many including myself have a shop on zazzle.

5. Mark Ewbie profile image82
    Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago

While we are at it, I noticed, or rather someone pointed it out to me - Squidoo have a Cafepress Module on their site.  So you get a link to your product with a picture and the words "Buy Me".

I think it works pretty well.

1. aa lite profile image92
      aa liteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you have a zazzle store you can also promote it on Squidoo, but you have to enter HTML into the text box.  Alternatively use squidtools to generate the HTML (you can pretty much use the zazzle generated html, with a minor change but it produces a BIG thing).

Mark Ewbieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi aalite - now I remember - it was you who helped me.

When I started writing a couple of years ago I spent some time in a monastic retreat on the Tibetan borders.  My guru was a very old man who beat me cruelly until I understood SEO.  One day I made the mistake of asking him about HTML coding and he whipped me and cut my rice ration in half.

Since then I have forbidden myself to use HTML in any way, shape or form.

1. aa lite profile image92
          aa liteposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lol, your guru was very wise.  But perhaps in his isolation he did learn about the new invention of the "copy and paste".

Lol.  It's at times like this I wish I could write about that experience at great length, with a few stickmen and a couple of jokes about rice or something - and make some money.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
              Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We would love to see the stick man illustrations of your sad Tibetan experience, Mark.  Rice should be easy to draw - just a bunch of dots on the page?

I'd love to do it.  Unfortunately I can't see an obvious keyword that would attract people and give them what they expected.

I thought / hoped when I started this game that I could just write satire / spoof / surreal - and make some money out of it.  Slowly realising I can't.

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94
                  Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You need to write a book, and have your own annual calendar. And get syndicated with a service that runs comics.  Seriously - you are that good.

As for keywords - put something about weddings in it.  You know, weddings? Rice?  I know - it's not PC to throw rice at weddings these days, but all you care about are the views.  So bait & switch.  If you really want traffic, do the Indian Aunties thing again.

Thanks Marcy.  The book.  It's in my head.  Just a  question of getting out of there into a Word document.  Oh and then marketing it, and then writing another, and another...

6. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image69
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 4 years ago

I think it's a terrific suggesting.  Looking forward to the answer.

working