jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

how to get traffic to new hubs?

1. iamvijay profile image61
    iamvijayposted 3 years ago

As i am a newbie to hub pages i want help from my senior's.i don't no how to get traffic to my hubs as they are traffic falling can any one help me to fix this problem?

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

These two guides are the best places to start on that front:

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub

Good luck, and welcome to HubPages! big_smile

iamvijayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank for commenting..the information you have provided was useful.
      Have a great day.

3. LisaMarie724 profile image85
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Supposing that you are using great tittles and your articles are of a good quality then you need to focus on social media.  Share your hubs on Twitter, Facebook, Google +, etc.  I have a small Facebook group for hubbers to where we do daily activities to help increase our traffic.  Anyone can join, here is the link : https://www.facebook.com/groups/292274610899840/

iamvijayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for commenting.i will also a start a group for gaining traffic.

4. howtobeasuccess profile image83
    howtobeasuccessposted 3 years ago

I am not yet getting good traffic as well, but i would like to share what i am doing right now since i have high hopes that it would bring good traffic to my hubs. I have created accounts in tumblr, blogspot and Wordpress,. Everyday, i write a 150 word article about my keywords and submit these unique articles on those sites. These articles contain links on selected  hubs, I also include pictures on these posts to make it interesting. Lastly, i have created a Facebook fan page and has been constantly updating it everyday.

5. Tealparadise profile image90
    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago

I suggest using the Google Keyword Tool (just google it haha!)

But that only gives a vague idea of how often a keyword is searched.

I hate that competition is categorized as "High, Medium, and Low" yet sometimes low can still mean thousands of high-SEO pages outranking mine.

I found an alternative keyword tool, where you can do 30 searches using their site (a trial basically).

What I like about this is that they tell you an EXACT NUMBER of competing pages, and exact number of searches.  Then they give you a calculated # that says how likely it is for you to break in with a new page and see good traffic.  So far it has worked for me (but I've only done about 8 keywords).

Compared to the "shot in the dark" approach of google adwords, this leaves me much less frustrated.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you use the google tool, set it up to remove the competition column.  It refers to adsense advertisers and has nothing to do with traffic to our hubs.  A very common mistake.

I'll do an ordinary search for my keywords, taking note of how many competing pages there are and who is in the top few spots as well.  I can't compete with wikipedia, for instance, or most dot gov sites.

6. joym7 profile image79
    joym7posted 3 years ago

Thanks for this great discussion. I was also looking to promote my hub and found this thread.

I would also mention that we should follow relevant hubbers and like their hubs and perform some activity on them to get some traffic.