jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Need Help With Copyright Issues

1. K Covino profile image78
    K Covinoposted 3 years ago

Hey Hubpages community!!!!

Since I joined about a month ago, I've been trying to associate an AdSense account with my profile. I've heard it's best to publish at least ten hubs before attempting to do so, but I know several hubbers who have been accepted who only have 3 or 4,

Thus far I have been denied because of a TOS violation, but after reading though the AdSense guidelines I'm still confused about what in particular I've included that is restricted. I know that photos and videos are usually the culprit, but what about links?

Since most of my articles address social and political issues, it is vital that I am able to prove (with evidence) the claims that I make. I'm wondering if including links to websites I gathered information from is also a TOS violation.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When you say "TOS violation" is that a HubPages TOS violation or an AdSense TOS violation?

We don't typically penalize people for links for videos unless:
      1. They're overly promotional
      2. They're to spammy sites
      3. They promote illegal activity
      4. The video has a watermark

If your AdSense application is being denied, the best thing I could recommend would be to publish more high quality content (and wait a while before re-applying- doing so over and over in quick succession might hurt your prospects).

Your HubPages standing re: Hub moderations is not likely to have anything to do with your AdSense application (though I doubt AdSense is going to accept a banned HubPages account... so I suppose there are exceptions to this rule).

Hope that clears some things up!

2. K Covino profile image78
    K Covinoposted 3 years ago

Thanks for responding to me so promptly!

I was referring an Adsense TOS violation actually. I have revised my hubs and resubmitted the request several times since I started here on Hubpages, but still there is a violation. At this point I have no idea what in particular the violation is, which is frustrating to say the least.

This website is a great opportunity for me to build a portfolio of articles, but also to make some extra money (even if the amount is negligible in size). Thus, associating an Adsense account is at the top of my priority list.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

I would suggest asking on the adsense forums where the users might be more familiar with adsense terms of service.