What method would you use to research an aspect of gun violence?

1. NotPC profile image59
    NotPCposted 3 years ago

What aspect would you research and how would you carry out your research?

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I did some research on the question "Do gun controls (number of guns in a country) have any effect on the homicide rate?"  Not gun homicides, but the homicide rate in general.

Considerable searching finally found statistics from the UN that covered many, if not most, countries.  The number of guns per capita, the gun homicide rate per capita and the homicide rate per capita.

As I was looking at numbers, that was plugged into an Excel sheet and graphed for an easier grasp and understanding.  Conclusions drawn.

As the conclusion was unexpected I also looked for single countries that could provide specific data on the homicide following recent gun control laws being tightened significantly.  Not much in the way of results, but those I did find were also graphed and checked, agreeing with the first conclusion.  A backup "mini-study" in other words.

All that, including raw data as well as graphs and conclusions, written up into a hub and published for general perusal of anyone interested.