jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

Fan mail/email

1. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

So does it only give you the option of leaving fan mail when you first follow someone?
    I have tried to leave ppl fan mail before and it doesn't give me the option. Instead it says I can send them email, which I have done a few times and I never hear back... not that they should have to, but I keep wondering if my comments are disappearing into cyberspace. What am I missing?

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I could be mistaken, but I think you can only leave fan mail once and you have to follow first although the fan mail could come much later.

Email has a habit of disappearing into junk folders, plus of course they not choose to respond.  When they DO respond it reveals their email address and many don't want to do that.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh I see. Maybe I have that stalker look to me.
        I am always deleting my spam and trash without looking at it. I hope I haven't deleted anyones e mail.
        It's too bad they don't have inboxes like on FB.

I have a feeling you can only leave Fanmail as soon as you follow them and then maybe never again cause Ive tried to leave fanmail and not been given the option (sorry for repeating myself.) Ok then, thank you. smile

1. wilderness profile image94
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. Judi Bee profile image87
          Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Unfollow the hubber and then follow again straight away?  Then you'll get the fan mail option.  Would that work?

1. profile image0

Well aren't you smart. I will give that a try at some point and let you know if it works. Im still not sure if Im correct about only being able to leave fan mail when you first follow someone.
            Im off to work, thanks for all the input! smile

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
              mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As far as I have ever found you can only leave fan mail once, and that option is offered to you when you first follow someone (basically it is your opportunity to tell the person why you liked their work enough to follow them).

2. Drive By Quipper profile image60
    Drive By Quipperposted 4 years ago

You can leave me fan mail, anytime! Just drop it right here.

I gotta go, I think I made the rooster jealous! That bird thinks he's the Cock of the Walk.

1. profile image0

lol... I find sarcastic chickens hard to resist.

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
        galleryofgraceposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Email addresses are divulged when fan mail is sent, so further communication is expected to be by email.

1. profile image0

Oh, that makes sense. I have tried sending a few ppl email, I didn't actually send them fan mail, I just wanted to and it wouldnt give me the option. I thought they had disabled fan mail for some reason and only wanted to receive e mail. Ive done it maybe 3 times and never heard back so I didn't know if the notes got to them or not... oh well. Im learning. Thanks everybody.

working