jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Some Featured Hub missing from spotlight on profile (image issues?)

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
    Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago

I seldom write product hubs, and only write them if I use and like the product. I have four hubs like this. They have never been in my list of possible hubs to put in the "Featured" spot on my profile page, although they all have over 85 scores. This makes it even more impossible than it already is to make any money on Amazon. What is the excuse for this? NONE of them have been on the list of hubs I can feature since this process began. It's unfair, and I feel that HP is working against me, not for me.

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're talking about putting them on the carousel in your profile?

Are they "featured", meaning the stats page has a little black "H" on the far right column?  If not have you allowed non-featured hubs to be shown on your profile page (not recommended)?

If they don't have the "H" you can edit them to make them featured, whereupon you can put them in the carousel.

1. WriteAngled profile image92
        WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Wilderness, it is possible to turn on an option to let idled hubs also show on the carousel, provided they have a large enough image to jump the image hurdle.

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
          Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for all the answers. Wilderness, they are all featured hubs. I may only have three, two are for handbags. Another is a safety warning for water bottles, the kind you take out when you exercise or run errands. I'm thinking maybe the issue is the image size, as WriteAngled suggests. Simone, I do name the brand in the titles too. I don't like to change the titles, I write in too many places and it makes life too confusing. I'll try to see if changing the pictures around makes a difference. I also had trouble with one of my Astrology articles the other day. It's Sun in Pisces time, and when I tried to feature my Sun in Pisces piece, it wouldn't come up either. Again, it was a piece scored in the 90's, a popular one. I did finally change the picture now that I think of it, and it was OK. That must be it. I'll see if it's the same on my other stuff. Thanks for the help! You are all the best!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
            Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You can find the specific image requirement info here:

2. WriteAngled profile image92
      WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jean, am I right in thinking you mean the list of hubs you choose to feature on your profile?

Without seeing the hubs in question, I might be wrong, but could it be because you do not have a large enough image of the product in the hub?  There is some rule that you can only insert hubs into your selected list if they contain an image that is 250x250 pixels (not sure if that is the size, but the required size is mentioned somewhere in the FAQs).

Using an Amazon capsule with the product will not in itself give you the image you need, although the capsule will contain an image. What you need to do is either take a photo of the product if you own it or save time and aggravation by copying a large size product image from Amazon and stick this into an image capsule near the top of your hub. Since you are using this image to promote sales of the product on the site from which you obtained the image, there are (in my understanding) no copyright issues involved.

2. Simone Smith profile image92
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Are you putting actual product names in your titles? That could be what is causing these Hubs to get so little search traffic (it's hard to compete with product search listings, and that's pretty much what you get when you search for product/brand names). Going for alternate titles like "The Best ____ for ____" or "Long-Lasting _____ Brands" (if you don't already) can really help.

We will be extending the period over which Hubs have a chance to gain traffic before losing Featured status due to lack of reader intrest, though, so in the future, your testing/grace period will be longer. Sorry for the bumps in the road!!

3. KEAD profile image60
    KEADposted 3 years ago

It can be frustrating and I'll take a look at a few of your product hubs. I imagine you may be including actual product names which makes perfect sense but makes it tough when your competing against the vendor/supplier/product listings as well as other reviews and analysis.