jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Is HP too quick to idle exclusive titles and other hubs?

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 4 years ago

I know "idling" is a frustrating process for many of us. As I've already said, I totally understand why a few of my older hubs were idled - I didn't know how to write for the internet. As I've also said already, I get frustrated when exclusive titles are idled. IMO, HP doesn't always give these hubs enough of a chance. I just checked my stats, and two of my exclusives are just now gaining some traction. One was published in Sept. 2012, and the other was published in Oct. 2012.

I also just discovered that a hub I published in 2010 is now on the first page of Google, even though I haven't made any changes. I'd sort of forgotten about the hub, as it wasn't a big performer. When I checked my Amazon report this morning, however, I noticed that I'd earned $200 overnight! I checked to see what the sales were, and they came from that old hub. I went into the search engine and found my old pal on page one. Hence the sales.

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Very first thing; are you actually verifying that the sale came from that hub or guessing based on product?  Because if you know how to verify, I'd sure like the secret!  You could even tell me how you could make a sale earning $200 - that's incredible!  I've never done more than $100 with one sale.

I, too, am seeing some real old hubs picking up in traffic recently.  It makes me wonder if one of the google updates as finally done something good for a change.

If' I'm understanding it right, we should be expecting an update on the QAP, idling, process in the next couple of weeks or so.  HP agrees that they're being idled too quickly and is addressing the problem.  Or so I interpret some of the posts from HP.

1. habee profile image91
        habeeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The $200 was earned from selling several of the same product. I'm assuming the sales came from the hub in question because it was a pretty specific product hub, and that's the product people were buying. It's strange - I don't think I've ever made any sales for the product before. Then in just one day, I sold a bunch of them. I'm certainly not complaining about that!

2. paradigmsearch profile image89
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

That pending/featured/idled thing is really starting to wear on me as well. But Simone says changes are in the works, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

1. habee profile image91

Yes, I'm glad staff is giving this more consideration. I just wanted to add two cents more. lol

BTW, if we do away with pennies, how will we "add our two cents"?

1. paradigmsearch profile image89
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No problem, it'll just be deducted from our hpads total.

1. habee profile image91

lol

working