jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (15 posts)

FIXED: Traffic info for 2/21/13 (see http://bit.ly/YhRWbz )

1. Rock_nj profile image90
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

Many people have noticed a drop in Hub views that is not reflected in Google Analytics data.  Has HubPages Acknowledged The Hub Count Problem Identified on 2/21/13?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Although my daily traffic still low, all of the other columns seem to have increased appropriately.  Total, monthly and weekly views all seem to have risen by a reasonable amount.

HP acknowledged the problem on the 21st, though I haven't noticed anything saying it has been fixed.

Rock_njposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Did they officially acknowledge the 2/21/13 hub view count problem?  All I saw was a forum thread where a HP tech guy said he would look into it, after first saying there wasn't a problem.

What difference does it make?  There have to be a dozen threads on here, all pointing out proof that the numbers were wrong and reassuring hubbers that thought their visits had taken another Panda hit.  We know they are wrong and certainly don't need to occupy an engineer's time to tell us that. 

They'll look into it - fine, go do that and don't waste your time telling me something I already know, that the numbers are broken.  Just fix it.

It's best to hear it from an authoritative source instead of rumors and people putting a puzzle together. That's just good business practices.

Maybe I've just been on too many projects with bosses and others constantly jogging my elbow wanting updates, disturbing my work and delaying the progress.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
                MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That was always my thought... "If you're talking to me, you ain't fixing the problem."

smile  Been there too many times to count.

2. Rock_nj profile image90

How long would it take for someone at HubPages that isn't on the technical team, who isn't actually working on the fixing the problem (which they haven't officially acknowledged) to post a brief note that there was a problem and it is being addressed?  We are the ones affected, and we deserve something stated officially.  Like I said, good business practices.  If people choose to follow them, that's up to them.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image61
                  MelissaBarrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not to be argumentative, but it is 10:30 a.m. in California.  They have been at the office around an hour and a half. There is a thread saying that it is a known problem and it is being researched.  I'm not sure what else they could do until they find the problem.

How often would you like them to post "Don't know, still working on it"?

I get responses from Simone to questions about 9:30 a.m. EST, so she is up early on the west coast.  I'm not asking them to move mountains, just a simple acknowledgement regarding there being a problem and it is being or has been fixed.  They want everyone to improve the quality of their hubs and get more search engine views, I am asking them to live up to some communication standards as well.  Not a great way to impress people with your business prowess.  Enough said, the problem appears to be resolving itself.

2. profile image0
              summerberrieposted 4 years ago in reply to this

+1

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago
  3. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

I think the official status is that they are still investigating.  But that thread was stickied, suggesting their will be updates.

4. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 4 years ago

The good news, as far as I'm concerned, is that the HP Ads are displaying the correct number of impressions and were paid accordingly.

Closed to reply

working