jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Display of text on Hub Pages

1. Kosmo profile image91
    Kosmoposted 7 years ago

Has anybody noticed that the first paragraph of one's articles doesn't always show on the Hub pages. Instead, it often shows one of the paragraphs way down the page. This can't be right! (However, once you go into the article everything looks fine.) I thought the problem had something to do with the placement of revenue capsules. But some of these articles have revenue capsules and some don't. Please let me know if you notice this problem.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Actually what shows for Hubs is the summary text, unless you neglect to write your own and then the system will grab a chunk from the first text capsule on the Hub.

And the summary text could be whatever the author enters, be it something composed just for that slot or taken from somewhere on the Hub.

3. Kosmo profile image91
    Kosmoposted 7 years ago

The article listings should show the summary, which is the first four lines of the story, unless the author writes his or her own summary. But that's not the text that's shown. The computer or whatever seems to be grabbing lines of text at random and throwing them up there. Check it out and you'll see what I mean. This can't be right!

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

In the search results we display a relevant snippet that matches the search term.  Everywhere else we display the summary, either as set by you or as determined automatically (from the beginning of the hub).  If that isn't accurate, please point us to the where you are seeing something different.