jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Why are so many ppl's hub scores showing only 48 or 49 right now?

1. anitariley65 profile image80
    anitariley65posted 7 years ago

I have been having trouble surfing around tonight. I posted a new hub, and tried to visit several sites, and along with mine, most of those hubbers are only showing hub scores of 48 or 49 right now. Okay, so I'm new, tell me what is up anyone?

1. Benjimester profile image90
      Benjimesterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm stumped with you on that one.  Most of my hubs that I publish drop at least a few points very quickly before slowly climbing back up a few hours later.  My suspicion is that the Hub Pages Algorithm has somehow gained self-awareness and transformed into a mad scientist who likes to watch us squirm and panic.  Or... maybe not smile who knows.

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image79
        Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, that's sounds about right. smile

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

It's about right for a just published hub smile

1. 0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yeah sounds about right, I have ever only published a couple that started with a higher score in the 70's and I think it has a lot to do with content, tags, advertising, video, photo content, news reels and polls.

I am not really possitive about it but I did notice that most of my hubs get published with higher scores right away depending on how much and what kind of content goes into them. 

Hope it helps.  smile

3. Dorsi profile image91
    Dorsiposted 7 years ago

Those are pretty normal scores for a new hub, the only hubs I've published with higher scores are ones that I had let "stew" a couple days or so.

1. Benjimester profile image90
      Benjimesterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

"Stew"?  Does that mean you left them unpublished for awhile?