jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

Happy birthday to me, I guess.

1. Winterfate profile image100
    Winterfateposted 3 years ago

As per subject title, as usual.

Today is my 25th birthday. I wish I could be more elated by that, but my oldest dog (a white with black spots chihuahua) passed away three days ago. sad

It's really bittersweet in that respect. Anyway, time to fix my profile as I have to do every year.

1. MichaelJohnMele profile image50
      MichaelJohnMeleposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm very sorry to hear about your beloved pets passing...it's never easy...regardless of when it happens.

Happy birthday...and best wishes.

2. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

I'm sorry about your dog. I know what it's like to loose a companion. I had a Corgie mix. She was pretty but she was a b****. That made her a good guard dog. On the upside, happy birthday! smile Keep that chin up!

3. faythef profile image74
    faythefposted 3 years ago

Happy Birthday to you..and so sorry about your dog...

4. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

So sorry about your friend, but you have so much life and living ahead of you... enjoy this day, make the most of it. It only comes once. Celebrate you. smile

5. Kasman profile image89
    Kasmanposted 3 years ago

Glad to see you've made it brother! 21 with 4 years of experience!

6. NornsMercy profile image84
    NornsMercyposted 3 years ago

Happy birthday smile

7. Nikk0 profile image90
    Nikk0posted 3 years ago

Happy Birthday! So Sorry about your dog - I know how it is to lose your 4 legged best friend! Hope things get better for you smile

8. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 3 years ago

Happy Birthday. I am so sorry about your little dog it's a sad day when our pets pass away.

9. torrilynn profile image83
    torrilynnposted 3 years ago

winterfate, im sorry that your dog passed away right before your birthday. i know exactly how you feel, my grandpa passed away right before my 18th birthday. i hope that you feel better soon. happy birthday and best of wishes.

10. Radcliff profile image92
    Radcliffposted 3 years ago

I'm sorry you lost your dog--I know it's really hard. My dog died several years ago and I still get choked up about it. On another note . . .
    Happy birthday! Mine was yesterday. I turned 25 (+16)! lol big_smile

11. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 3 years ago

Happy Birthday, Winterfate!  Your beloved chihuahua is probably playing with my Jack Russell and many other friends, while waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

~~Author Unknown~~

12. Winterfate profile image100
    Winterfateposted 3 years ago

Thanks to all for the good wishes! They're much appreciated. smile