jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

What are your personal hub pet peeves?

1. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I know everyone has their own pet peeves about Hubs.  What are some of yours?

One of mine is poor lay out.  Things like not deleting the spaces at the end of a text capsule, so that it causes unnatural white space to appear in a hub drives me batty.  Also adding in too many pictures on the right so that text on the left ends leaving empty white space next to the pictures annoys me.  In addition, hubs with only one or two pictures unnerves me.

I just thought of this after looking at a recent hub I created and seeing some empty white space.  Because this hub is in the QAP, I left that white space alone so as not to delay the QAP.  But it's eating at me!!

I thought that learning of others' pet peeves might help me improve my own hubs. smile

So what drive you nuts?

1. Paul Maplesden profile image89
      Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

When I read through the hub three times for quality, publish, come back a couple of days later and find out that one typo still somehow crept through!

Inconsistent spacing also gets me too, although I do try to leave fairly decent amounts of white space, it has to be consistent!

agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm good with consistent white space. smile  Yes, I'm so mad about my editing abilities on my own hubs.  The amount of stuff that gets through my editing (and re-editing and re-editing) is so maddening!!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 3 years ago

Typos! I am sure there is a little gremlin who puts them in when I am not looking.

Oh and the feeling that you cant remember writing something- is it that little gremlin again

I hate typos!!!  Especially when I find them in titles. sad

3. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

It's all here: hubpages.com/learningcenter/legal-image-use

I just wish people would... be nicer about it.... T_______T

1. Jenn-Anne profile image91
      Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have to agree with the improper image use. I quite often see hubs using images that are not open for public use and/or not properly attributed. One hubber posted in the forums a while back about how she received a bill from a photographer because she used one of his images. Thankfully the photographer agreed not to charge her if she removed the photo from her hub.

Also not a fan of those sneaky typos and I really can't stand the misuse of the apostrophe!

2. topclass profile image60
      topclassposted 3 years ago in reply to this
    3. agilitymach profile image99

I'm still going back and slowly recrediting my photos on my oldest hubs.  I have permission to use almost (or all) of the pics, but haven't always said so on the credits.  It takes a long time to go back and re-work those hubs.  As such, topclass, Simone's hub you point out is two years old.  As far as I know, the push for crediting photos is more recent than that.  I'd give her a break on such an old hub.  I'm sure she'll get to fixing it when she gets spare time.  I, too, like to see photos credited.  Taking someone's photo is no different than stealing someone's words.  I think people forget that.