jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Are Stellar Hubs Dinosaurs in the Age of Mobile Devices?

1. topclass profile image60
    topclassposted 3 years ago

HP pushes the Stellar Hub - massive 2000 word  'big mommas' with 10 huge photos, 2 videos, 4 capsules etc. BUT how relevant in this with 30% of website views now been viewed on mobile devices and the number growing hourly. People want their information in convenient 'fast-food' grabs and not the 5 course meals. The shift to mobiles changes the entire focus away from images, videos and towards concise well structured hubs. Stellars are dinosaurs! IMO

2. LCDWriter profile image95
    LCDWriterposted 3 years ago

I have to agree with you on this one.  I think short but informative is better for mobile device viewing.  And people are looking up everything on their mobiles these days.   Maybe it's time to think about that aspect more as well....try to be ahead of the game or at least stay with it.

3. fildi profile image61
    fildiposted 3 years ago

Hi, new here. Personally, if the entire content of a stellar Hub is relevent to what you are looking for, then surely the quantity of the information assuming it is good quality shouldn't matter. I view a lot of wordy websites on my mobile device and more often than not, I prefer the desktop layout over the mobile view on my screen. My device has a large fast viewing screen.

1. LCDWriter profile image95
      LCDWriterposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do mobile devices do to ads on HP?

1. fildi profile image61
        fildiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would assume it depends on how it is displayed, my phone displays each page as you would see it on your standard desktop so advert layout doesn't change. For the purposes of adsense and the other bits, your phone will have its own IP address associated with it.

4. Simone Smith profile image93
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Hey y'all!

We've found that stellar Hubs perform just as well on mobile devices as they do in normal browsers. We recommend creating them because they tend to have more traffic overall (and more and more of our traffic comes from mobile devices).

Google's search algorithms are trained to hone in on rich, useful content. Thin Hubs may be mobile friendly, and they may have performed well in the past (heck, they DID perform well in the past), but times have changed.

The key to making Hubs mobile friendly is to make them easy to skip around (with lots of descriptive subheadings in Text Capsules, bulleted and numbered lists, Text Capsules floated to the right and given a colored feedback that feature top tips, etc.).