jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

Please Critique my first Hub and let me know what you think!

1. John Jason Hosac profile image60
    John Jason Hosacposted 3 years ago

I started my first hub to get an idea about this site and have a few plans for more but I wanted to know what everyone thought about my first. It is pretty simple and straight forward but here is the link!

http://johnjasonhosac.hubpages.com/hub/DIY-Oil-Changes

Thank you for your help!

1. iamvijay profile image59
      iamvijayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nice hub dude. i think the above hub is not featured hub so try to write some featured hub so that you will get a good number of traffic to your hubs.

John Jason Hosacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

According to my page it is featured, I like the feedback though, is there anyway to tell if it is a featured hub if for instance I view it from outside my account?

Ya if its featured hub your hub it  has a capacity to be indexed in the google search where you can find your hub. If it is not featured hub your hub will not be indexed in the google search.

2. IzzyM profile image85
        IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't come to the forums and type in broken English, have a really poor bio written in something resembling text-speak, and then expect no-one to notice that your hubs are plagiarised from the net.
        I see the QAP are doing a great job again.
        http://iamvijay.hubpages.com/hub/Ethics … uter-World (published in the last 3 weeks)
        taken from: http://12computerscience.blogspot.co.uk … thics.html (published 12th January)

Thanks for commenting IzzyM. I will try to improve my english and i will change my bio.

2. ktrapp profile image91
      ktrappposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi John. Welcome to HubPages. In my opinion, experience is the best teacher, so I think it's great that you chose to share your firsthand knowledge about changing oil. I think that Hubs written about a genuine interest or experience are the best. You did a very nice job, but you might want to consider breaking up the text so someone scanning it can find what they need. This is what I mean:

Headings: My recommendation would be to think about the type of person that would be searching for this information, and make it easy for them to find what they need. For example, it may be helpful to break all the valuable information you've given into steps with headings (i.e. step 1, step 2, etc.). You can use a separate text capsule for each.

Bullet Lists & Tables: Additionally, you can break up the text with bullet lists or tables of information. For example you could make a bullet list of all the supplies needed to change oil. Or you could make a table comparing the cost of DIY oil change to having a garage do it.

Photos & Video: Since your Hub is basically a "How To..." Hub, I would recommend adding some of your own photos that you can take next time you change oil. You can even add any video you find on YouTube to your Hub.

Definitely check out the link that Simone gave you; there's a lot of valuable info. in The Learning Center. Best of luck to you.

2. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 3 years ago

Congrats on your first Hub! Should you like to evaluate it yourself, you might compare the contents of your Hub to our Stellar Hub checklist: hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elements-of-a-Stellar-Hub

Welcome to HubPages! big_smile

3. Rosie2010 profile image83
    Rosie2010posted 3 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages, John Jason Hosac.  I read your hub and left you a comment.  Congratulations on your first hub, and I wish you the best here on Hubpages.  Happy Hubbing!  Cheers!  smile

4. LisaMarie724 profile image86
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Great job, left you a comment with a few suggestions!

John Jason Hosacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I got your comment! Thank you very much! I will have to make some edits based on everyone's input, but its a big help to start off with!

5. LisaMarie724 profile image86
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Your welcome and welcome to Hubpages smile

working