Linking Hubpages With Personal Domain

1. Anonymous00 profile image78
    Anonymous00posted 3 years ago

What is the best way to go about integrating a personal website with Hubpages? I'm considering linking a self hosted website to my HP profile. I'm hoping to gather some info on how to make the process easy without any complications. If I edit my HP articles to a condensed version and then link back to the full article on a private domain would this be sufficient? All suggestions welcome. Thanks everyone.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We actually classify short 'teaser' articles that link to another domain for the full version to be 'overly promotional' so be careful how you approach this.

Generally speaking, you'll be safe so long as you create stand-alone articles that are perfectly good by themselves. If it is relevant to link to your website from those articles, by all means do so (but within reason, and don't link to your site more than twice within one Hub).

Another option is to include a link to your site in your Profile (through the Edit Profile page section in which you can add links to your personal site and social media profiles).

Hope that helps! big_smile

2. mattforte profile image91
      mattforteposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If done properly, it could be a great idea. (Although, people generally have a temporary form of ADD while reading on the internet, so it is tough to say whether or not they would want to read a long winded version of what they just read)
      If not done properly, aside from what Simone pointed out - you could be looking at "duplicate content" flags.