Of an on I am banned for posting in Forum Section. Can anybody tell a few Tips as to how to get banned in Forum section at HP. It will serve as a check list for me to desist from doing wrong things at HP.
I am also searching for such Tips.
Hi there, the forum rules are as follows ( http://hubpages.com/help/forum_rules ):
- Stick to the topic. Please stay on the thread’s topic when replying to an existing thread. If you don’t see an open thread about something you’d like to discuss, please open a new thread.
- Keep it civil. Debate and disagreements on points of substance are okay, but personal attacks, petty bickering, trolling, and thread hijacking are not tolerated.
- Be helpful and supportive. We’re all here to learn, so please be constructive when providing feedback.
- Spread the word. Encourage Hubbers seeking help to visit the Forum to find solutions to their problems or just to chat and unwind.
- The Forums are for discussion, not self-promotional link-posting. We encourage you to avoid posting promotional or irrelevant links, be they to Hubs or external sites in which you have a vested interest. The three places where we do encourage you to post links to your Hubs are in the HubChallenges section, Extreme Hub Makeover section, and in Weekly Topic Inspiration threads.
- No cross-posting. Posting the same message to more than one Forum or thread is seen as spamming.
- Be honest about your identity. While we don't prohibit having more than one HubPages account, we ask that you stick to a single persona in the Forums. The deceptive use of multiple accounts, especially in a single thread, is prohibited. The use of secondary accounts to circumvent a Forum ban is also prohibited. This type of behavior is also known as sockpuppeting.
- Please use normal English. DON'T USE ALL UPPERCASE FOR YOUR TITLES OR IN THE BODY OF YOUR POST. It comes across as shouting. Also avoid txt msg abbreviations.
- Avoid signatures. Please do not sign your posts and especially do not sign your posts and include a link to another site. A link to your profile page is included with every post, and you can put information about yourself and links to sites you'd like to promote on your profile page.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your detailed response. Honestly speaking I could not judge the reason for my earlier ban. A fellow senior member had advised me to send email to Hub Team in future. But I am sure I will be more careful to Forum Rules. It is quite possible that my interpretation may not be be matching with the moderators. Thanks again for your guidance.
A common reason is "spamming" or promoting your hubs/other websites etc. This isn't allowed because otherwise we would be buried in it very quickly.
by Shasta Matova4 years ago
I suggest having a separate thread for Weekly Topic Inspiration. Currently, it is blended in with Hubber's Hangout. If it has its own forum, if you cannot write about the current topic or want additional...
by Lionrhod2 years ago
There are a lot of us who haven't been feeling safe on the forums. They've felt stalked, harassed and browbeaten.Sadly, some folks go with the letter of the law, but not the spirit of it in their posts.For an excellent...
by Simone Haruko Smith4 years ago
Hello everyone! As of this afternoon, you are free to begin publishing Hub Answers as submissions in the HubPages Know it All Contest.Before you do anything contest related, though, we encourage you to read through our...
by Elsie Nelson5 years ago
The count is off. I posted two separate posts to the same thread and the first one registered as my having made 330 posts, but so did the second one (which should have said 331 posts). As I said, it doesn't...
by kirstenblog7 years ago
I have noticed a few questions asked by newbies that have been asked before and so many times it is probably impossible to count. I have noticed comments of annoyance at the same questions being asked yet again. I am...
by Eaglekiwi7 years ago
Ok Im trying not to be mean ,judgemental or controlling but Hubpages dont you think its time to limit how many times a person can BEGIN a thread? I know you would be fair and encourage discussion across all topics ...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.