Checking account now necessary to recieve AdSense payment?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Jamie Brock profile image91
    Jamie Brockposted 11 years ago

I was informed I had been issued a payment but it's been put on hold because I haven't submitted banking account info. The last 2 payments were checks that were sent to me in the mail and I loved it that way.... but apparently now, I have to get a bank account before I can receive my payment.  Is this a new rule or something? Has anyone else had to go and open a new bank account in order to receive their AdSense payment?

1. Careermommy profile image76
      Careermommyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jamie, I'm relatively new here, but when I signed up for the earnings program, just recently, I was required to put bank acct info in. Maybe the rules recently changed, but there was no option for receiving checks.

Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I guess it has changed now.. The last time I reached the threshold was about a year ago and I got a check then but now it says my payment is on hold because I have to enter bank account info. Wouldn't be a big deal if I actually had a bank account. Geez! Thanks for letting me know that smile

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A reminder: Google adsense payments also go on hold if they are less than $100.

3. Cook n Save Money profile image69
      Cook n Save Moneyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've had an AdSense account for years and had a check sent each month.  I had to switch to their new electronic payments a few months ago, too. 

Not an issue for me, really, as I've kept a checking account for decades.   The only reason I preferred the check was to be able write off the mileage to travel to my bank to deposit it each month.

Yeah, that's good that you already had an account. I don't reach threshold often so I didn't realize this change happened until now. Oh well, as much as I despise banks, I guess I'll have to get an account.

4. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad you mentioned this, I wasn't aware they changed policy on how we get paid. I think I'll have to check my account and put my bank info on it.

Glad to be of help smile

2. John Jason Hosac profile image60
    John Jason Hosacposted 11 years ago

I signed up 2 months ago roughly and had to enter bank account information as well as receive a PIN in the mail to confirm my address!

Yes, I had to do the pin thing too.

3. BigBlue54 profile image61
    BigBlue54posted 11 years ago

Here in the UK paying directly into your bank account has been something we have had for years now. It is not only safer, your cheque does not going missing in the post, but it is also cheaper as it is an electronic payment. No having to pay for all that paper for envelopes, postage et cetera. It also saves you time and is more convenient as the money goes directly into your account. No having to go to the bank to deposit your cheques.

Yes, I do see how it would be way more convenient.. I just don't have a bank account. Oh well... I guess I'll have to get one anyway.  Thanks for your reply smile

4. intelpages profile image58
    intelpagesposted 11 years ago

I've received payment from Adsense only twice and through Western Union. I guess that would be an alternative to receiving it via a check?

Hum.. I don't remember Western Union ever being an option for me. You must not live in the US?

5. Anti-Valentine profile image75
    Anti-Valentineposted 11 years ago

I've had my last couple of payouts delivered by courier rather than regular mail, so they don't get lost. I do have a bank account, but I hope it's sufficient if I now have to get paid this way. I'm now wondering if I shouldn't just cut my losses, have my payment delivered by cheque if it's still available, and expect it to be the last one...

I don't know.. you may want to check to see if that is still an option.. If you don't live in the US, maybe you have other choices. From what I could tell, a bank account is required now to receive payment.

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
        Anti-Valentineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I checked today. I still only have regular mail or express delivery (courier) as options. No electronic payment options yet. I don't live in the USA, but I dare say countries other than the USA are now switching to this new payment method.

6. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Most credit unions have checking accounts where you don't get robbed blind by fees.

Thanks for letting me know that! I'll check into that. I despise banks!

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

My account still seems to offer the check option.

UH! No fair!!  Really?  I don't know what's going on then.

8. BigBlue54 profile image61
    BigBlue54posted 11 years ago

As I have mentioned I am on the other side of the pond and we have had electronic payments for some time. I am not familiar with American banks so I do not know why you would favour cheques rather then direct payment. So can I ask will somebody please explain why it would be you preferred method of payment.

Thanking you in advance.

Honestly, I despise banks here. I feel like they rob people blind.. That is really the only reason I preferred to get a check.

9. ktrapp profile image92
    ktrappposted 11 years ago

Yes, I also used to receive Adsense checks in the mail and had one payment put on hold until I entered in a bank account where it can be desposited electronically. Personally, I prefer it this way. Once you enter your bank account info. you should receive your payment on-hold fairly quickly (at least I did).

Yeah, I can see why it's more convenient. I just didn't really want to get an account because I don't really care for banks... Maybe I can find something decent around here.

10. faythef profile image70
    faythefposted 11 years ago

I just received my first pay form HP..it went into my paypal account..Now apparently I have to move it from paypal into my bank account..

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, you don't have to do that at all. It depends on the amount and on your own shopping habits. I leave money in my Paypal account and use it to pay for various useful software utilities, eBay purchases, etc. I've rarely had to move money from Paypal to my bank account.

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indeed. You can also get a paypal card and withdraw cash directly from an ATM.

1. faythef profile image70
          faythefposted 11 years agoin reply to this

oh okay..I wanted what ever funds I earned to pay towards my household bills..utilities etc.

so I thought I would need to put it into my bank account

1. Anti-Valentine profile image75
              Anti-Valentineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can pay for a lot of things online nowadays, but -- call me technophobic -- I still prefer to do it offline. smile

11. DzyMsLizzy profile image86
    DzyMsLizzyposted 11 years ago

So, is the HP ad program, bundled as it seems to be with AdSense (the latter required to be in place before being able to sign up for the former) going to go the same route?  As of now, I get my HP Ad Program payments via PayPal, and I hope to keep it that way.

If so, my days here are done, at least as far as earning money goes.  I do not and will not put my bank account information online, for security reasons.  The banks try to tell you it's "safer," but it is not--it is actually very risky!  It's just a PR lie--more convenient for them, is the real truth.

(As for Google, I don't expect to live long enough to see their ridiculously high payout point...a couple of cents a month...they must need those coins more than I do...and I'll tell them where they can put them as well.)

ANYone with a certain level of computer skills can hack into anything.  Even NASA has been hacked before, not to mention a few banks and the Pentagon!   I do not give direct access to my bank account to anyone for anything!

They may try to reassure you that their system (the bank's) is secure, behind firewalls, etc., etc.  .However, the Internet is a lot like cell phones--data moves from point to point via repeaters--in the case of the internet, various server stations...and a hack can occur anywhere along the line before it gets to your bank. 
    Then, conveniently, the sender can claim "payment was sent," and wash their hands of it..."not their fault" if it got intercepted along the way....no paper trail to prove who's lying and who is not...who was careless, etc.

We are forced, now, to give our bank account to the government for direct deposit of our social security checks, and I don't even like that.  I'd much rather have the check in my hands, and then, there's a check number on file that can be traced from either end if it went missing.

Lost in the post is less lost than in cyberspace.

I know exactly what you mean and feel your frustration.. I don't trust banks because I think they rob people. Having to give your bank info for automatic deposit in order to receive your  ss check is ridiculous too.  There are no boundaries anymore. All this electronic stuff IS convenient but on the other side of the coin, dangerous.. as you pointed out.  I'm scared to see what the future may hold.

12. zanaworld profile image57
    zanaworldposted 11 years ago

In India, Adsense Revenue - is still standard check delivered by Post.

It will be lot easier if the payments are direct to the bank accounts.

I have linked my PayPal account to my personal bank account.  Whenever PayPal receive any payments from HubPages or others, it is transferred to my personal bank account immediately.  That is wonderful.

Yes, that does sound very convenient smile

That is what I need to do then: just need to figure out HOW

What is it you need to do? It seems the sames as when we began as far as I can see.  Get a bank account.

2. faythef profile image70
      faythefposted 11 years ago

I guess I need to link my paypal up to my bank account..It looks easy enough to do.

Oh that, yes, just get a check and it walks you through what number to put where.

3. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 11 years ago

I think they deposit some cents in it and you verify amounts to get approved.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)