jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

How many featured hubs do you have right now?

1. Ratatoesk profile image59
    Ratatoeskposted 4 years ago

Within one week I have published quite a view articles which I wrote over the passed years and now I have 23 featured hubs. I am not really clear what it could mean for my profile but in some way it feels just good.
    How about you guys?

1. MissJamieD profile image79
      MissJamieDposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've written 60+ hubs and only two or three of them are NOT featured:)

2. Bard of Ely profile image86
    Bard of Elyposted 4 years ago

Too many to count I am pleased to say!

3. Ivan Ivanov profile image80
    Ivan Ivanovposted 4 years ago

Great to hear mate!

I've started hubbing last month and I have to say it is a great experience. Currently all of my hubs are featured (thank god) and I hope it continues that way.

A few tips (from what I learned the last few months) I would give you are:

1) Make sure your articles are SEO (Post-panda)
    2) Make sure you drive initial traffic to them via social networks (chime.in, twitter, pinterest, google+ (communities) and facebook)
    3) Make sure you connect your hubpages acc with google plus ( that way you will have your g+ pic in the search resluts ... )
    4) Be active in the forums, Q&A section and of course post hubs regularly
    5) Be patient ... I am just seeing the results and starting to get SE traffic from hubs I've posted weeks ago

Hope you have a great experience here in hubpages,
    ID Ivanoff

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

and the imbecile says "Does featured mean they have those little H's beside them or something else?"

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
    LuisEGonzalezposted 4 years ago

I have over 500 with quite a few as of yet unpublished. I follow the technique of publishing one hub per day as this keeps my web presence fresh in search engines eyes.............cool

6. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

So no one really answered my question... are featured hubs the one with H's to the side of them?

1. Judi Bee profile image87
      Judi Beeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they're the featured ones Beth.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

All mine have H's next to them... I thought that's what happened a few days after you hit publish.

In an ideal world that is what happens!  Unfortunately, the dreaded day may come when you notice that an "H" has disappeared - your hub has slipped into idle (sorry, "unfeatured") mode and Google will no longer index it.  There are currently about 3,452 forum threads about what you do then.  If you work out the correct answer for what to do, please let the rest of us know big_smile

1. profile image0

Oh... ok... yes, Ive had that happen before when the H disappears and I changed the pic. or a few words. I must have read that somewhere. Im getting so little traffic right now compared to when I first started and what I don't understand is why the H's aren't disappearing at this low # compared to when I had a higher # of readers. Maybe I shouldn't bring attention to that fact. lol

I think the traffic threshold is perplexing lots of people.  If your hubs aren't getting idled for low traffic, I promise I won't tell big_smile

1. profile image0

Ack! Maybe I should delete. lol.
                Thanks for your help. smile

7. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

All of them, I don't leave hubs idle.

8. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

All 36, for now. I make edits when they are idled. It usually works. I can tell when one's about to bite the dust, usually due to low traffic.

working