jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Having a problem with a long hub

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image48
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

No matter what I do it moves the capsules round then when I save they scramble again.  Only at the bottom of the hub.

It's a BIG hub.

Any suggestions? PaulDeeds any advice?  I've tried "reorder now" and manually moving them and saving but the just rescramble and the capsules don't "hold" in the new positions.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've often had this problem if I use the "reorder now" feature, but if I use the arrows to move each capsule manually it has always worked. I hope someone else can help with your problem!

2. larryfreeman profile image84
      larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi Julie-Ann,

I am very glad to see what's up.  What is the title of the hub that is having the problem?

Thanks,

-Larry

2. Julie-Ann Amos profile image48

Thanks Larry as always

It's my one here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-On---Forest-of-Dean

On reflection, whilst i thought initially it'd be easier to have a fresh capsule for each date, maybe I should just have one capsule per month.

By the way I know this may seem an odd hub but I live in an odd place!  It's REALLY hard here for people to find out what's on, as there are only a few online listings and those aren't very well thought out, and local papers are twice a week only!

I've pruned the number of capsules and it seems to be working for now - but it's been ok before then wehn I log in again it's scrambled again!  For example I seem to have a devil of a job making the comments box stick at the bottom - it wants to wander up the page...

I think the key is me - I need to edit it so it's  acapsule a month not a capsule per listing - do you agree?

1. larryfreeman profile image84

Hi Julie-Ann,

Thanks for sending me the link to hub.  I'll investigate to see what I can find.

-Larry

3. shashigai profile image60
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

now i am thinking that it's your browser. which one are you using?

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image48
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks shashigai

I've never undersood why everyone always says when there is an internet problem "it's your browser"!  But I do appreciate the advice as all responses are gratefully received. 

It's not my browser(s).  I have 4 to choose from and they all show the same thing thanks.  It's the hub NOT the broswer.

4. Julie-Ann Amos profile image48

Thanks Larry I do think it's too many capsules!  But if you'd like to take a look at my back end (!) it may be semethign else

1. larryfreeman profile image84

Hi Julie-Ann,

Thanks very much for the link.

I did a test with a random 58 capsules on both Firefox and Internet Explorer and it worked fine for me.

My suspicion is that the bug is specific to your configuration.  I'll let you know when I figure it out. 

-Larry

5. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

This also happens to be sometimes, and I've wondered if it's because I'm using Opera. I should actually switch back to Firefox just to see. Otherwise, I just make a habit of going in to edit mode once I've published and fixing it up.

working