jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How can I turn off my own Adsense from displaying on my hubs?

1. nufoundglory profile image80
    nufoundgloryposted 3 years ago

I'm wondering if I can turn off my own Adsense ads from displaying on my hubs at all? I noticed you need to have Adsense account in order to join Hubpages Ad program. I don't understand how is Hubpages Ad program related to me having an Adsense account? I thought Hubpages is using their own Adsense publisher id to display ads?

If possible, I'd like to have only Hubpages Ads to show on my hubs, is that even possible?

Thanks so much in advance!

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Though in the settings tab to the right of the HubTool, you can turn ads off, that turns off ALL ads. I'm afraid we provide no options through which one only earns through HubPages Ads (and some HubPages Ads are AdSense, too).

nufoundgloryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your quick reply! However, I still don't understand why we need to have Adsense account for Hubpages Ad program. I'm not doing too good with Adsense and I think it'd be much better if my hubs only display Hubpages ads. So this isn't possible currently, is it? (Thanks in advance)

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Ad-Program    You probably don't have to go past the first paragraph.    Part of HP ad progam is Adsense  ads.

nufoundgloryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, Linda, I very well understand that. What I don't understand is why do I need to have MY OWN Adsense account linked to my hubpages account if I want to enable Hubpages Ad Program. I would think hubpages have THEIR OWN Adsense account (which IS the case) and THAT is enough to make everything work.

I'm sorry for the question, but I really don't want my own Adsense ads displayed on my hubs, and I think the ad space could be better used for Hubpages' ads. I hope hubpages would think of this?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

I believe Stimone answered you.   The system is not set up to separate the two because HP ads, at least some, are also Adsense ads.

4. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Hubads is an adsense program, just a tailored one.

working