jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

RESOLVED: Incorrect logins/RECAPTCHA from 1 IP require many RECAPTCHA

1. A.Lawrence profile image80
    A.Lawrenceposted 3 years ago

Not sure if this is a technical issue or not.

Have always used LastPass to sign in without any problems until 2 days ago, now a captcha prevents this happening, this can be tricky and have to cycle several time to find one easy to read.

Even had to sign in with a captcha again to post here, despite already being signed in.

Then went to preview this question before submitting and was asked to sign in yet again with another captcha, which meant I lost what I'd typed.

This seems excessive and makes no sense.

I found thread about similar 8 months ago, but didn't really answer the same questions and why was I not having this issue until 2 days ago.

Any help appreciated , thank you.

2. derek gulbranson profile image80
    derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

This should clear itself up in a day or two. Probably one of our fraud detection systems has noticed some possibly suspicious activity from your IP. It happens to me occasionally too because I am frequently testing things, and yes, it's very excessive and annoying. If you are still experiencing the problem next Monday, ping this discussion and I will see if I can look into it more.

A.Lawrenceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, will wait and see then.

Hi Derek, still getting a captcha every time.  Apart from doing a lot of editing on a new hub (which was finished a few days ago) can't think of anything unusual I did to cause this issue, thanks.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
          Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is LastPass still setup to try to login automatically?
          If so, you may want to disable it for a bit for HubPages.  I use LastPass and I have had it lock me out of accounts because I had it set to login automatically and it did so multiple times with the wrong password. In these cases systems see LastPass as a bot (which it kind of is). 

I'm going to see if there is any update on this.
          Thanks for taking the time to report the issue and for your continued patience.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

We added some tracking related to RECAPTCHAs last week in response to the issues you are experiencing.

I just looked at the log and it shows that you are not entering the CAPTCHA displayed. 
          We show that the ReCaptcha entered did not match 4 hours ago and 4 more times 26 hours ago.

Are you having problems seeing the letters or the images that show the letters?

Hi, yes do have problems reading captcha, also my LastPass tries to autologin without obviously filling in the captcha, I then have to do it manually, but even then the captcha can be 16 characters long and very difficult to read, it one of the most frustrating ones I've ever come across!

Have logged into Hubpages the same way with no difficulty for 3 years. 

I'll turn off the autologin feature for LastPass, so that should cut down the number of captcha failures to just mine.

Will the captcha turn itself off again if it doesn't see any mistakes for a few days, as never had to fill one in before until this problem last week?
            Thanks

I think the reason they showed up for you may have been related to the automatic logins from LastPass.
              You RECAPTCHAs should go away for your account now. Let us know if you have any more issues.

Ok, will let you know if it happens again, thanks for your help.

You are very welcome.

Closed to reply

working