Change the 'report' link wording

1. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 3 years ago

On each hub article, there's a 'report' link (near the hubber's image and share buttons) which readers can use to report  various issues they think are problematic about the article. While searching through my Analytics InPage analysis, I've noticed over 75% click rate on this link for every one of my articles.

This suggests to me that many readers are misinterpreting the meaning of this link..thinking it leads to some kind of report that contains more information (like a free PDF report, or something). I would suggest changing the wording of the link to "report abuse" or "report problems with this hub", or something like that, just to make it clear. Perhaps an appropriate icon would help as well. This would reduce unnecessary clicks leading readers away from the article, and likely reduce the bounce rate considerably.

1. derek gulbranson profile image81
      derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The 84% in your screenshot is NOT accurate. That is not a link that opens a page, so the In Page analytics are not going to be correct. There are many caveats to be aware of when using Google Analytics overlay. Unless you know how the page works, it's easy to be deceived because many, if not most, of the numbers it shows will be wrong on a site like HubPages.

We could possibly somewhat remedy it by implementing Google's new In Page Link Attribution, but I don't think we will because I don't think In Page Analytics will every be very useful on a site like HubPages. For example, In Page Analytics will never show you what external links in your article where clicked on your page, what related articles were clicked, seems pretty much any information that would be useful, it would be wrong about.