jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

How can we come to know that our content at HP is targeted Globally?

1. wqaindia profile image49
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

While publishing Hubs, questions, answers, forum contributions I feel that the content is circulated globally without any geographical boundaries. Can we see the geographical locations at which our HubPages web content gets circulated. Genuine and disciplined writers will like their views to be read worldwide. How can we come to know that our content at HP is targeted Globally? For example I want to spread the word about What to do with Inactive Accounts at HubPages-Futuristic Approach

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know, you cannot.

What you can do, however, is sign up for google analytics.  They have a page where you can set the date range to be reviewed and the country of origin of all visitors within those dates will be colored in on a world map.  A neat feature for newbies - I really enjoyed seeing it fill in.   

You might want to edit your post, too, and remove the link to your hub.  Self promotion is frowned on in the forums to say the least.

2. wqaindia profile image49
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the brief answer with a good message

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 3 years ago

This page can tell you some of that. http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/traffic-sources

Also, it is against the TOS to link to your own hubs on the forum.

1. wqaindia profile image49
      wqaindiaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the information.I am very much particular about it.

1. Paul Maplesden profile image89
        Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've just taken a look at my analytics; over the last month, I've seen traffic to my hubs from 105 different locations around the world; in descending order, the top ones are:

United States
        United Kingdom
        Canada
        Australia
        India
        Germany
        Philippines
        France
        Spain
        Italy
        New Zealand
        Indonesia
        Malaysia
        Brazil
        Netherlands
        Japan

I believe that most Hubbers would see similar distribution patterns; as long as your content is good, there's no reason that people from all around the world wouldn't be able to see it.

4. kaiyan717 profile image82
    kaiyan717posted 3 years ago

Your traffic will show other countries hits, such as Goggle.au, ca, etc.  Other countries can read your writing through Google and social networking sites.

working