jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Do you know meaning of your Name

1. wqaindia profile image53
    wqaindiaposted 3 years ago

In India new born babies are named in such a way they have literary meaning in Hindi. For example Rajender = Raja + Inder that is equivalent to Lord Inder ( Inder is known as God of Rain). Similarly my name is Ashok with surname of Goyal attached to it. Its meaning in Hindi is:अशोक - जिसको कभी शोक ना हो.
    Do you know the meaning of your Name and making efforts to be like your name?

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mine means 'Victory' and I am still pursuing it!!! wink

2. Amadaun profile image84
    Amadaunposted 3 years ago

My given name means: Busy, Hardworking, and Artistic.

My internet name means:  Drunken Fool.  wink

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

My given name means "black sheep."  My Internet moniker has a couple translations but most-commonly means "no theater performance tonight."

4. 0
    Motown2Chitownposted 3 years ago

My given name means:  Who is like the Lord?  As in, who can compare to God?

My internet name...well I'm from Detroit (Motown) and was living in Chicago (Chitown) when I opened my account.  Thought it spoke of my life's journey, which at the time had begun in Motown and stalled in Chitown.

5. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Mine means habitat of God... or dwelling place.

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 3 years ago

My name is a devitative of a name that means (thanks, Mum and Dad, wherever you are...) "bitter".    mad   mad  (They thought the name is pretty but should have - maybe - looked at a few name-meaning books before going with it.   lol  )  (I don't even think it's pretty, though, so that makes it all the more "wonderful" (sarcasm) for me to have to live with.   lol  )

Anyway, I try very hard not to let what's said to be "meaning" of my name at all match anything about me.  I don't mind admitting that I'm just a teensy bit bitter about having been named a name that means "bitter".    smile  (I have family members whose names mean things like "beloved", "pure", "Christ-like" "having the strength of a lion", and all kinds of other reasonably decent things for names to mean.  What do I get????????    BITTER!!!!!!  )    mad     lol

7. Zelkiiro profile image84
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

My name is pretty lame. It's Hebrew for "he who descends."

Why couldn't I have been born with an awesome German name like "Helmut" or "Wolfgang"?!

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't know what girl wouldn't appreciate her fella having a name like that.