jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

No Ads and Hubscore of only 48!

1. Tealparadise profile image89
    Tealparadiseposted 4 years ago

I recently published a hub, and it got out of the review process yesterday and is receiving the most views of all my pages.  I noticed my daily pay didn't bump at all and got suspicious... lo and behold there are no ads on the page and I just noticed that I have been given a hubscore of 48 on it!

There is no "warning" about ads being disabled- they simply aren't there.

If I were getting paid, I'd say live and let live, but since I'm not - if this isn't fixed I'm going to have to delete the hub and move it to my own domain so it can actually benefit me.

Tealparadiseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Edit: I think I know the problem.  Whatever algorithm is being used to determine score is classing my crochet pattern as gibberish.  These are standard abbreviations readable to anyone who crochets.  I would appreciate this being fixed.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

That's because it is gibberish.  To dummy me, anyway! big_smile

You know, this could be a problem that I've never run across before.  Still, it passed the QAP, so someone (or several someones) smarter than I am recognized it's not bad grammar or spelling and graded it accordingly.

I wouldn't worry too much about the score, though - I think all hubs start out at 40 or 45 now; it should climb with time.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Tealparadise,
          There are several women who write hubs about crochet on here, and they are very good. I would recommend Patrice Walker, she writes a blog about crochet, but before that she wrote many hubs about it here, and if I recall, used the abbreviations. I'm sure she would be happy to help you.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hey Tealparadise,
      Just checked your Hub- there are definitely ads on it. Perhaps you were checking it when it was still Pending...? At least all's well that ends well!

Tealparadiseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right !  I must have gotten freaked out by the low score.  But as wilderness says that is usual now, I will try to calm down haha.

working