jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Supported HubPages browsers

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image91
    Mazzy Boleroposted 4 years ago

I edited an old hub and found a message at the top saying my browser was under beta-testing and might cause problems, so I should consider changing my browser. However, I use both Firefox 5 and Internet Explorer, and these are two of the suggested browsers that I should change to!  I am puzzled about the message.  Can anyone enlighten me?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image80
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You are using Internet Explorer 10 which is relatively  new.

We have made an effort to support this new browser, but it is not as supported as the current versions of Firefox (19) and Chrome (25).
      If you are indeed using Firefox 5, then that is a rather old version.

I would suggest using Firefox 19 in Windows 8 currently for the best overall HubPages browser experience (I am currently using FF19 and Windows 8 myself).

We are working to better support Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10, but that specific combination still represents a small portion of our traffic.

That being said, you can run IE10 in compatibility mode or continue to use it in the default state and you may not run into many issues.

We just want to let users know that there are better browser choices to view the site.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image80
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

We are confident that we have addressed most issues related to this new version of Internet Explorer and so are removing the warning for Internet Explorer 10.
      Please let us know if you encounter any issues with IE10.

2. Mazzy Bolero profile image91
    Mazzy Boleroposted 4 years ago

Thanks for responding. I was using a friend's new laptop at the time and it was Internet Explorer 10. HIs laptop has Windows 8 and I find that really confusing.  It appears to have two versions of Explorer on it, one which works with Hubpages and one which doesn't.  I must have made a mistake about Firefox - I'm constantly updating it so 5 can't be right - a moment's thought would have told me that.  I have found that quite a few other sites don't work properly with Explorer 10.  Some aspects of it are good, but Microsoft obviously don't believe in the saying, "If it aint broke, don't fix it."

working