jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

My first Dog Training hub

1. eddiedogtrainer profile image81
    eddiedogtrainerposted 3 years ago

I have just completed my first dog training hub. If anyone has any ideas on how it could be improved please let me know. Does it look snazzy enough? Too many pictures? All critique welcome!

2. eddiedogtrainer profile image81
    eddiedogtrainerposted 3 years ago
    1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congrats on the first Hub!

If you'd like to audit it yourself, here are some good guides to use as reference points:
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Elem … tellar-Hub
      http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/How- … ndly-Title

I hope we'll be seeing more in the future! big_smile

3. agilitymach profile image99
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

As one of the HubPages dog trainers, welcome!!  There are a few professional dog trainers writing here along with some very good amateurs.  I thought your hub had some good information in it.  I think with some spiffing up the layout and giving credit for the photos, you'll have a great hub.

You may want to look around at other hubs to see how other hubbers lay out their material.  You definitely don't have too few pics.  In fact, I'd like more. smile  Don't be afraid to place the pic fully across the page.  This hub screams for video.  If you can video how to train a dog to swim using your steps, put it up on youtube and then link it to your hub, it will make people stay longer on your hub.  I use tons of videos in my hubs, and they are extremely well received.  I'm also big on using pictures as they liven up a page.

Your photos are not credited properly though.  If they are your photos, then you do need to put that in the photo credits.  If they are another person's, then you need to give them credit.  If you don't have permission to use them, then it's stealing to use them.  There is a great article in the learning center on where to find free pics and how to credit these pics based on their license.  It's easy to do once you get the swing of it.  I usually just use my own pics, but sometimes I go out and get other, free photos with proper credits.

Go to the Learning Center.  Read up.  Go reading other hubbers' hubs and look at what layout designs you like and which ones you don't.  Soon, you'll develop your own layout style right along with your own writing style. smile

Good first hub, and welcome again!!

1. eddiedogtrainer profile image81
      eddiedogtrainerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for your wonderful message. Full of useful information and good advice. I thank you. I have used pictures from a free source as my picture taking ability is rather limited and always come out really bad. I will certainly source them now. The video idea is one I was planning to work on.

Thank you again for such a good critique!