jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

RESOLVED: Extra Links

1. madisonelise profile image60
    madisoneliseposted 3 years ago

Why do some words that aren't necessarily links appear as links on finished hubpages? For an example, my hub "L’Oreal Paris Power Moisture Moisture Rush Mask Review" the word "Application" appears as a link. When building the hub, I did not install "Application" as link. It was simply bolded like the other paragraphing headings. But, when published it became a link.

Apologize, if this is a stupid question. But, it effects the conformity of my pages.

1. Simone Smith profile image92
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Honestly madisonelise, I have no idea how that might have been put there automatically! Chances are you might have added it by mistake. Just edit that word's Text Capsule and click the broken chain icon; it will remove the link. wink

2. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 3 years ago

This could also be malware on your computer. Some companies 'hijack' the browser and then add 'advertising' links on random words. If it's not a link error on your part then I would advise you run a virus scan. Note - a virus scan may not find it either - you may have to research 'Browser hijack'.

Do you have multiple browsers? Does this occur on all browsers you use?

3. madisonelise profile image60

Thank you for all advice given. I will look into all items mentioned.

No, I do not have multiple browsers.

4. madisonelise profile image60

Clicking on broken link remedied the problem. But, thanks to the both of you, yet, again.

Closed to reply