jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

My score is plummeting. I hope my first hub is featured very soon.

1. shergs profile image61
    shergsposted 4 years ago

I created an account yesterday. When I look at my account today, I saw a score of 22 from 50. Although I already published one hub, it still gets lower. Now it's 17. Oh no, what should I do. I hope I don't get suspended as I'm just getting started.

1. Gcrhoads64 profile image96
      Gcrhoads64posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You won't get suspended! It takes a while to "grow" your hubber score. Just keep publishing and being active in the community and it will go up!   smile

2. LCDWriter profile image94
    LCDWriterposted 4 years ago

Mine sat at 0 for a few weeks.  No one really knows why.  The  best advice I got was to ignore it.  I did and everything worked out.  If you put "hub score low" in the forum search box you'll come up with plenty of people that had the same issue.  Someone even wrote a funny hub about it.  Don't worry.

3. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Yep, don't worry about it, shergs! So long as you're being a responsible HubPages citizen, it will correct itself over time. big_smile

4. shergs profile image61
    shergsposted 4 years ago

Thanks very much for the reassurance. Take care smile

5. alanrammel profile image81
    alanrammelposted 4 years ago

My Hubber score fluctuates above and below 75. I can never get it to stay above 75 for more than a day. It seems a constant battle that I'm starting to wonder if it is worth fighting.

6. MakerBaker profile image79
    MakerBakerposted 4 years ago

My score did the same thing and I just posted new hubs and commented on others and now my climbed up to 40 and is still climbing.

1. Jean Bakula profile image95
      Jean Bakulaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Once your score get higher, it's an average. So say you have an 85 score. Then you post a new hub, and it usually starts at around 50 (give or take a few points). The new hub will "pull" your score down a little bit since it starts at a lower number, just don't worry about it. Keep on writing, that's what makes your score go up. Make sure you have the right word count, at least 500 words, and watch your spelling and punctuation. Best of luck to you and welcome!

2. shergs profile image61
      shergsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Wow. That's nice thing.

7. sarcasticdomestic profile image79
    sarcasticdomesticposted 4 years ago

I'm glad I saw this thread! I feel much better now that my score will bump up in time. Every time I logged in today it was down another point or two and now I'm in the single digits. Fingers crossed!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

One reason is a huge string of following other hubbers with no other activity.  It will do it every time.

1. sarcasticdomestic profile image79
        sarcasticdomesticposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Good to know, thanks! I think so far I've just followed ones with activity that looks interesting to me, but I better check in case some were really low.

working