jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone want to team up on StumbleUpon?

1. mercuryservices profile image90
    mercuryservicesposted 4 years ago

These days I'm getting a lot more traffic from StumbleUpon compared to Google.  StumbleUpon was really big in 2011 and surpassed Facebook.  It's not that big anymore but it's still the #3 social network.  I think it would be cool to form a StumbleUpon HubPages pact to help keep the stumbles rolling in.  If a bunch of us got together we could like each other's HubPages in StumbleUpon it would definitely drive traffic to all our pages.  If you're interested in joining in on this mighty alliance, let me know and I'll add you on StumbleUpon.  Here's my profile: http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/mer … ices/likes

1. profile image0
      Sarra Garrettposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you tell me a little more about Stumbleupon?  I'm learning the different sites and had never heard of this.  Can I post my hubs on here?  Is there a payout?  I'm only asking because the site doesn't really say much.

Thanks.

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
        Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sarra, The site doesn't pay as far as I know, but it is a way to get another link to your hubs. You get followers there and they view your hubs they are interested in.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

You might want to read the StumbleUpon TOS.
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/terms

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

So I read (or tried to read) most of that contract yesterday... was your worry the privacy issues or was there something else? They don't own your work, but they can use it? I can't remember now... what were your concerns?

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
        Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The fact that working together to push a certain site can basically get that site blacklisted.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Im not sure what the op was suggesting... did he mean for us to join and then recommend one anothers hubs? And if that is what he meant, you're saying HP's could be blacklisted from stumbleupon?

2. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

After you stumble the same subdomain more than a few times they will block you from being able to do so and possibly close your account.  This is the typical end result of reciprocal stumbling groups.

working