jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

My first attempt at a 'Stellar' hub

1. Paul Maplesden profile image91
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

I've decided to try my hand at a stellar hub and would be very grateful for your feedback.

I've been through all of the stellar hub requirements and tried to ensure that I meet them.

I warn you, the hub is on the less than enthralling subject of 'mind mapping', so if I can make that interesting, then my work here is done! Please do take a look and let me know what you think.

<link snipped>

1. AMFredenburg profile image80
      AMFredenburgposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Paul, I think it's great! Mind mapping is a fascinating topic and a useful tool to spur creativity. The instructional video is very clear.

I'm interested as to how you created your little blurb about yourself; I had asked in another forum whether this was possible and got nixed, but I wonder if the respondent understood my question. I think it adds to the article. (I also like the snippets of info in the sidebars.)

Will have to check out the "Stellar" requirements. I voted up the article, shared with fellow Hubbers and Tweeted.

2. Paul Maplesden profile image91
    Paul Maplesdenposted 3 years ago

Thanks very much for the feedback, I appreciate it!

In terms of the blurb, if you mean the author block, it's just something i created in a simple graphics program.

Thanks for the share too, much appreciated!

You might want to take a look at the 'stellar checklist' that I put together: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/110277

3. Sullen91 profile image84
    Sullen91posted 3 years ago

It's a stellar hub by the standard of most hubs. Nevertheless, whether this part is to build excitement and drum up rhetoric or not, it is syntactically convoluted:

"Mind mapping can help you grow your business effectively by planning for the mid to long term by creating efficient processes and developing innovative products and services."

So, mind mapping not only [plans] for the mid to long term, but it also develops innovative products and services?

It can help by facilitating the verbs -- planning, creating, and developing -- attributed to mind mapping above. Also, I doubt mind mapping will supersede the mind numbing conceptual models that already exist in the field of information systems.

The fourth bullet point under 'what is mind mapping' contains a typo, throught, which should be thought. That's about as far as I got to be honest.