jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Someone was unhappy with me yesterday...

1. writinglover profile image83
    writingloverposted 4 years ago

I reported someone on the "Recommending another hubbers' hub" forum for spamming. It was about selling runescape accounts and all they had were links. I checked out their profile and, surprise, surprise, they had no hubs. They did have something on their profile about buying or selling runescape accounts (I think there was a link there, too). Even though the message to the HP team was private, somebody got bent out of shape and decided to retaliate against me and on FB, too.  A friend had said my account got reported for spam and that he had got spammed supposedly by me. Thoughts about this?

1. snakeslane profile image81
      snakeslaneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is flagging not anonymous? I don't understand how anyone could retaliate for flagging if it is anonymous, and private as you say.

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I saw that post. Yeah, he could have been reported many times, maybe not just yours. I didn't know what his thing was about so I just ignored it.
        Can he rept you without being a friend? Surely FB should be able to catch such things. How annoying for you.

writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Ha, I thought this forum got pulled. Anyway, I'm not sure. Either I spammed somebody by accident or somebody decided, "hey she reported me let's get back at her" and decided to spam my friend by using my account. I'm not sure. Either way, I'm rather P O'ed.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

In my experience if you just tell Facebook admins the full story, as briefly and clearly as possible, this sort of behavior tends to backfire.

writingloverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Okay, thanks! I'm a newbie to Facebook believe it or not so I'm still learning.

working