jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Why is my unpublished hub getting views?

1. embarrett91 profile image78
    embarrett91posted 3 years ago

I have a written hub that I have not set to publish yet, and it even says that it is unpublished only I can see it. But when I got into my statistics graph and look at the number of views each one of my hubs has had so far, there are over 5 views for my unpublished hub. Why is this?

I am specifically saving this hub for a certain day, and it is not for anyone to see just yet, so can someone please tell me why it says I have 6 views for this hub already?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
      MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your own views count.

On an aside, one of my pen-names is Em Barrett.  Small world eh?

embarrett91posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh I see, I was wondering if they were my own, but I was also thinking that if it were up to me my views wouldn't count lol.
        That is funny too about your pin name, for me the EM are my actual initials

2. 0
      Rayne123posted 3 years ago in reply to this

HI, maybe you can help me, I just wrote another hub (fairly new here) and it will not allow me to publish now unless I verify my account with phone numbers and I will not do that.

not only that it is unpublished, so in the meantime where do I look for my unpublished hub. I cant find it, thank you

2. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 3 years ago

Like Melissa said. Every time you visit the hub to edit or anything else the views are counted.

embarrett91posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you to both of you for helping me out!

3. aparkhurst7 profile image86
    aparkhurst7posted 3 years ago

I really wish it didn't count your own views.

4. Shravan Picsonia profile image60
    Shravan Picsoniaposted 3 years ago

I hate it when I get views for my unpublished hub! But that will not affect other hubs. So, no probs!! The published hubs will have ads where as an unpublished hub won't.. Thats the main difference!!

5. 0
    Beth37posted 3 years ago

Wait... is it possible I set mine up so that my own views wouldn't count. I remember that question... besides... it doesn't seem to register mine. I will read and re-read and edit and it will still say 0 views... even before the glitch.