jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (18 posts)

About to hit 10,000 views.... a Reflection

1. Tealparadise profile image90
    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago

I'm just watching the views tick up and hitting refresh!  *yawn* I need to go to bed... but I know I'll miss it if I do!

Reflection on my Then & Now....

No one could have told me how to make good hubs.  It was something I had to figure out on my own, and I'm still figuring it out even now.  The numbers that some people get on their pages is 20 or 30 times what my best pages get per day, but I can definitely say I've honed the skill.

Everyone says to write what you love but also write to fill a gap in the internet... I think that each person has to take time and figure out what their specialty is.  What do you know that is "niche" knowledge?

I didn't know any of my knowledge was "niche" until I put up a hub and realized it was #3 on google page 1!

On the other hand, something I thought was pretty specific knowledge doesn't do well because the search results are saturated with product placement.

Just keep making hubs, and pretty soon you'll happen across a topic you know a lot about, that also garners good views.  I must say that I think it's 90% chance and guesswork until you find the first "sweet word" that gets you up in Google.  But from that one keyword, you'll realize there's a genre of untapped ideas just waiting for you.

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents smile

Typing away wasting time until I hit my 10k and go to bed!

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Pretend you're in western US.  It's only noon here.

You've done well, and that's exactly what I did.  Try, try and try again - eventually I found a subject/topic that wasn't beat to death and things took off.

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image84
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tealparadise,
      Congratulations, I see you hit your 10,000 views because of your little accolade symbol. How or where do you see how many views you have had?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
        mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Look in 'My Account' (then the list of your hubs in total is shown). If you go to the column relating to views marked 'ever', you will see the cumulative total views for all your hubs at the top of the column.

1. Cantuhearmescream profile image84

mistyhorizon2003,
          oh oh oh, thanks. I'll be checking that out. :-)

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image90
            mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome smile

uh...guess I've got a ways to go, :-o

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
                Rochelle Frankposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We all have aways to go-- but I think you have started out the same way most of us have.
                Funny thing, though, sometimes the rules seem to change. On the other hand--- that's life. We learn, things change, we adapt. It's all good.    Welcome to HP. Hope you will stick around and enjoy the ride.

Rochelle,
                  Thank you so much. I take you words as a huge compliment coming from such a seasoned Hubber. Yes, I do plan on sticking around, I love it it here. Though I am starting to wonder if there is some kind of HubPage addiction condition, because I am finding myself having a very hard time staying away! So many people have so much to say. Thanks again for the support.

1. Tealparadise profile image90
                    Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe that this site is very addicting!  It is so rewarding to see people enjoying your work, whether it brings money or not.  It is definitely an addiction to me.

2. Tealparadise profile image90

Yes, this is exactly where I was watching it!  It is quite a nice feature that you can see it all right there in a cute format.

2. janshares profile image88
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Congratulations, Cantuhearmescream. I think your wisdom is worth a lot more than 2 cents. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. smile

1. janshares profile image88
      jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oops!! hmm Sorry, Tealparadise. Congrats to you! YOUR wisdom is priceless, I wish you 10,000 more.

janshares,
        ...so what are you really sayin'? Just kidding. I agree with you, I just couldn't help myself. :-)

1. janshares profile image88
          jansharesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Lol, lol, big_smile Sorry to you, too Cantuhearmescream.

...all in good fun!

2. Tealparadise profile image90

Haha!  Thank you big_smile I always hope someone can gain something from my words.  After all, that's why I write here!

working