jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

FIXED: (IMPLEMENTED 3/27): Last seen ?? time ago now "last activity"

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
    Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago

On my profile page, right under my name on the line that says when I joined and from where, there is another statistic that is usually wrong, and it has been that way since I first noticed it months ago. For example, mine currently says, "Last seen 5 days ago." In fact, I've been on Hub Pages doing stuff/making changes and answering questions all morning, just like I do most mornings. Is there any way to either remove that statistic or to make it accurate--or more vague, such as "Last seen today." or "Last seen earlier this week."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Any chance of fixing it? (I don't want my readers to think I don't care enough to check my site daily, at least.)

Thanks in advance! Cheers!

P.S. Just as I finished writing this and refreshed my profile page again, it changed to "last seen 19 minutes ago", which is still wrong (it should be more like 5 minutes ago). Thanks again!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have sent this to our engineering team to be addressed.
      Thanks for taking time to report it.

Laura Schneiderposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're welcome, Matthew!

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

Per suggestions, we have implemented a change to how we display this information.
      It now says Last activity, which will not show when an user logged in, but when a new Hub, comment, forum thread, etc. are created.

Any activity that appears here:

http://REALPROFILENAMEHERE.hubpages.com/#activity
      Will affect the "last activity" time.
      This includes when an author follows you.

Thanks Matthew! This appears to be working!

3. Lisa Wilton profile image85
      Lisa Wiltonposted 3 years ago

I am also having this problem. Earlier when I had been answering questions and editing a hub it said last seen 2 days ago. It still says this on my profile now.... Not sure what's up with that.

4. profile image0
      Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Hello again Laura.
      As you already know things aren't running very smooth for HP at the moment. It may be you saw a comment from me a short while ago that was out of this world, in fact it was a passage from a hub I have unpublished as I can't load my images properly. How it managed to jump into comments leaves me baffled.
      What should have been submitted was comment saying "Last seen 2 days ago" but I've just checked again and it  now says "Last seen 90 minutes ago". I am logged into HP at least 10 hours every day and today I logged in at 08:00am. Like a lot of things with HP at the moment there seems to be gremlins in the works. It is time HP got these problems sorted as there is a lot of unrest within the hub community.
      LOL Ghaelach

Ghaelach--

Indeed, there are some ghosts, but hey: it's software, and we're demanding a lot of changes in a short amount of time, so they're having to hop to it to get things out to settle us down. I think that's a way "Gremlins" can sneak in. :-) I think they have been very responsive at least to my concerns, with the exception of one (making the hubs look nice when printed-- step-by-step "how-to"s and recipes, for example, will almost always be printed before they are "used" by the "consumer" (pun intended, in retrospect)). :-)

2. Matthew Meyer profile image78

Please see the explanation above: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/110385#post2361915

Closed to reply

working