jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Predictions

1. Paul Crandell profile image60
    Paul Crandellposted 4 years ago

Are we not allowed to make predictions on Hubpages in the Divination area of the metaphysical section? I've been trying to get an article to publish and it keeps tell me it has a duplicate warning.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Where is the copy of it?

1. bBerean profile image59
        bBereanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I predict duplicate content will be found.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Seems to generally work that way, doesn't it?

2. Paul Crandell profile image60
    Paul Crandellposted 4 years ago

Yeah it's duplicated on the Prediction forum where I posted it.

Otherwise you could get unscrupulous "predictors" who make a prediction on one easily edited forum that can be "conveniently" erased and forgotten at some later date when your prediction doesn't happen. I don't roll that way. So I post my predictions in a couple of different spots. Putting it on a video on Youtube is pretty good. That way you have Youtube's date and time stamp on the date of upload. I retyped these predictions and resubmitted them though in another hub. Maybe this one will take and hold.

3. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Hubs can't be duplicate text.

Paul Crandellposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've altered my follow up hub so that the text is not the same as what is posted elsewhere. My main concern was in getting out my predictions before the events they describe are over. That issue seems to be solved. They may not happen--but at least now the mistaken prediction will be public and not hanging around waiting to be published. Right? Huh? Bueller? Bueller?

4. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

If your implying people are not responding to your questions, this thread doesn't really support that complaint.

That was not my implication. I was saying that I posted a hub 3 days ago and did not understand why it had not posted. I'm still relatively new to Hubpages. I was asking if the making of predictions was somehow verbotten. It does not appear that it is, and I've gotten good feedback from everyone and see now why the post was being marked duplicate and not going thru. Thanks to everyone who has responded and for all your help and suggestions.

1. Sue B. profile image90
        Sue B.posted 4 years ago in reply to this

What does the hub say?  If it is not being published, a reason is given.  You may want to read through some information on the learning center area of the site.  Here is a link about duplicate content: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Mode … te-Content

Good luck with your hubs!  The ones you published look interesting to me smile

Thank you. For the words and the link. Still trying to figure this Hubpages thing out. Got some emails that came in also that explained what was going on.

working