jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Need it explaining in 'layman's terms'

1. riotgrrrl profile image88
    riotgrrrlposted 7 years ago

I'm a huge fan of hubpages, and i love writing content and reading other peoples work. My only problem thus far has been my distinct lack of computer related knoledge. 've just been doing some reading on Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and i have to say, most of it went right over my head.

I understand that i need to know more about SEO to help promote my hubs, so is it possible for someone to explain in maymen's terms to me, what i need to do, and what its all about!!

Im sorry for being so retarded!

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

LOL You at least realize you need to learn this - most people here don't smile

In short:

1. You need to find out what key phrases people are searching for in relation to your hub's topic
    2. Use the most important of them in your hub's title and all of them in the text
    3. Get links from other sites pointing to your hub. Ideally these links should have your keywords in their text.
    4. Rinse and repeat.

More details are here: http://www.seofaststart.com/

3. riotgrrrl profile image88

thank you for the clear advice, i shall have a read of the link you sent me, :-)
    You offer the best advice going!

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago
  5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

mmmm... I have been here awhile and I can as well use this information , now I see the Niche'smile
    Thanks for the advice.smile

6. riotgrrrl profile image88

darkside, much thanks for that, very informative paper, i'm just reading through now
    many thanks for the support guys, your all fabulous