jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

HUB title change not reflected in search engine search

1. SMA Frankline profile image81
    SMA Franklineposted 3 years ago

Dear hubbers, I have recently tuned the title of one of my earlier published hubs, using Title Tuner. Instantly the name is  changed in my hubpage, however while doing a sample search, I still get the old hub title, why is it so? How can I make the new title appear in search engine searches? can anyone guide me?

1. chasmac profile image99
      chasmacposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The search engines don't yet know that you've changed your title. They'll find out next time they crawl your site and see that you've changed the title.. They will then update their cache and the new title will appear in their search results.

2. Cantuhearmescream profile image83
      Cantuhearmescreamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

From what I understand the link to that Hub will stay what it was originally titled as and there is no way to change it.

2. 60
    Keralascanposted 3 years ago

This is because Google bots haven't yet crawled your page since the change was made. In other words, the Google index still has information from your old page. How long has it been since you made the title change? I am not an expert but perhaps you could do some more changes to the pages like adding pictures, videos etc. or tweak the text of the first couple of lines of the hub to make the bots crawl your page again.

3. Divig Sethi profile image61
    Divig Sethiposted 3 years ago

Totally agree with @Keralascan, Google has not crawled your page.

4. SMA Frankline profile image81
    SMA Franklineposted 3 years ago

I made a sample search through google, to find out if the title is changed.  Google refers my hub with the old title, but on navigation I reach my hub which is having new title. Amazingly when I check the hub link, I find that still my hub link is having the old title in it. Anyway to change the hub link with new title ?

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No.  The URL is what is shown on the actual link, and that is set in stone.  It cannot be changed.

On the plus side, few people actually look at the link, just the title, and that will change soon enough as google crawls the hub.