jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

RESOLVED: Hubbers soliciting for money

1. Novel Treasure profile image86
    Novel Treasureposted 3 years ago

Sorry, this isn't a technical problem, but I wanted to report this quickly. There is a hubber who posted a question that is soliciting money in the forums to be paid to his/her paypal account.

I flagged it but wanted to bring attention to it quickly, so it could be pulled before anyone gets scammed. It may not be a scam, but I still think it violates hubpages policy.

I apologize if this is not the appropriate way to address this.

Here is the link to the question below:

http://nguyenvannho2013.hubpages.com/qu … swer658347

1. SimeyC profile image87
      SimeyCposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Agreed - you should absolutely not send this guy money - instead send it to me and I'll put it in an Escrow account until HP decide what to do with it! big_smile

Seriously though - well spotted and reported!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Of course it's a scam, it's one of the oldest in the book. Before there was an Internet, my old job used to get variations on that exact same dodge via fax machine (!). Prior to that, it was probably sent around as a chain letter. 

...I doubt anybody would've fallen for it, but then again anyone dumb enough to send that person money deserved to be ripped off.

3. moonlake profile image89
      moonlakeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That one is easy to flag but there have been some post on here wanting money to buy a home and for money for a child. The way they're done hard to know if they should be flagged.
      You did the right thing.

4. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the report.

Closed to reply