jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Automatic Link Back in Our Posts

1. That Grrl profile image79
    That Grrlposted 4 years ago

Tynt is a service which gives you a code so anyone who copies from your content gets a pop up offering them Twitter, Facebook and etc to share the content. It also, adds code to the content they copy so that a link back to the original source (your site/ page) is automatically included in the copied content.

Could we have this code (not from Tynt http://tynt.com/ I'm just showing it as an example) added to our HubPages content? This would be some help with content which is scraped and not given a linkback. They don't seem to check the content - just copy and paste it all. So even the content we don't catch will at least give us a link back to our original source.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a good idea.
      The only thing that might be a problem, is that it seems like we get lots of glitches every time something new is added or changed.

2. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

This sounds worthy and interesting. If there is a downside, let's hear it folks.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 4 years ago

I don't want a link back from a poor quality site that's stolen my content. 

I don't want thieves to think the link legitimizes what they are doing.  And I don't want unrelated, spam sites linking to me, as that's not actually of any benefit search-engine-wise.

1. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Uh-oh... She has a major point there I think.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, you are probably right about that ... as usual.

3. That Grrl profile image79
      That Grrlposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Personally, I don't care that much about search engines. I want my content being found by actual readers. I also want a good way to find stolen content and checking backlinks like this would make that possible.

It isn't just for content scrapers. Anyone who quotes your post would have the linkback to the source. Other big sites use this. I don't know about eHow - I seldom find anything quotable there.

4. paradigmsearch profile image85

I'd forgotten about that. Backlinks from slime sites can actually be detrimental. I wonder if Tynt addresses that and came up with a solution? Off to check...

5. paradigmsearch profile image85

Well, well, well...!!! eHow uses this code! My opinion of eHow is well-known... If Google slaps them into backlinking-oblivion next week like I think they should...

On to my next research project...

working