jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Misleading Links to Advertisements

1. jainismus profile image78
    jainismusposted 3 years ago

In the right column of each Hubpage, we see the words  'Related Search', under which some links are given. One may think that these are links to other related Hubs, but actually theses are links to ads. If a  Hubber does not know this fact, chances are that he will click on the links. It will lead him to violet the rule of not clicking on the ads. It is dangerous as he may lose his account for clicking on ads.

I am afraid why such misleading links are given on Hubpages under the title of Related Search?

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry for any confusion that might be causing, jainismus! As I understand it, many ad units of that style are titled "related search" or "related searches"; it's how they're designed. That said, we're testing out different configurations, so this might change. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

It is how they are designed for the purpose of misleading people IMHO.  Otherwise it would say "related advertising".

3. MizBejabbers profile image92
    MizBejabbersposted 3 years ago

It is really annoying to accidentally click on one of these. Sometimes it is hard to see the cursor and when I am trying to scroll, I have been guilty of accidentally clicking on an ad. I don't know if I have done it on HP, but I do it at least a couple of times a day during searches. Since it makes me very angry, I get out of it ASAP and don't give them the time of day, but I guess it still registers.