jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Paypal email correction

1. ryoushur profile image59
    ryoushurposted 3 years ago

So I am relatively new here, (2 months) and have linked my pay pal account in case I ever earn enough to get money.  However, the email HP has linked is an old email that I no longer have access to and I updated my Pay Pal account over a month ago, but how do I get HP to get it corrected??  Thanks, in advance for any guidance.

1. Simone Smith profile image90
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Marina is our PayPal ads expert on HubPages; I've notified her of your query and hopefully she can help out shortly! smile

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi ryoushur! You can edit your Payment Settings on this page: https://hubpages.com/my/earnings/payments

We update our records automatically should you need to change the PayPal address you have linked to HubPages.

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 3 years ago

You can update your PayPal email in your Payment Settings, which are located in your Earnings Settings Page... Just go to your account page, click on Earnings, scroll down to where it says Payment Settings and click on configure. You will be asked a security question for which you have to provide the correct answer. You were supposed to have set this up when you linked your original PayPal email. After you do that you will be asked to Associate a different PayPal account. Click that and follow instructions to provide new PayPal email. I am not sure though if you have to disassociate your PayPal account first before associating a different one with HubPages as I've never done this before.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You do not need to disassociate first. Simply click on the "associate a different  paypal account" button and login to PayPal with the address you wish to use. You'll get an email from us stating that your PayPal address with HubPages has been updated.

The other button ("disassociate my paypal account") is for users who wish to de-link their PayPal account from HubPages altogether. It is not permanent, however; one can disassociate his/her PayPal account temporarily.