jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Adsense sharing question

1. Rudra profile image65
    Rudraposted 9 years ago

Hello everyone.
    New on HP pages. Seems like a great community here. A little confused about adsense sharing. Its based on a 50:50 PAGE IMPRESSIONS and not CLICKS. Am I right on this.
    Other point is that HP can access my count. They will know my earnings. If I check and dont let them access will I still be able to use HP for sharing adsense.
    Please suggest.
    Thanks in advance.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

It's actually 60/40 for impressions (you get the 60%).

There would be no way to actually sort the clicks because they're already been clicked.

HubPages Inc does have access to your account, but I'm here doing it, and trusting them.

2. Rudra profile image65
    Rudraposted 9 years ago

Thanks for your answer.
    If its not the clicks they share then why bother about impressions as it makes very very little.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

An impression is a potential click. It is potential revenue. If a person clicks on an ad and it is your ad, you get 100% of the revenue.

If someone clicks on an Adsense ad you can't physically share the click. You could share the revenue. But then that's a whole other business model.

3. Rudra profile image65
    Rudraposted 9 years ago

Brililant. Thats all I wanted to hear. I understand now. Thanks for your reply...

working