jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Most online text is left justified for a reason. Given the format restriction it tends to look better that way.

1. derek gulbranson profile image82
      derek gulbransonposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, ubaidh86. Justified text doesn't really work well online, which is why it's not typically provided as a option. It usually makes online text significantly more difficult to read. The HubPages layout would be especially problematic because it supports a very small column, and the smaller the column width the worse it would look. I'm not inclined to offer this option since I believe using it would significantly decrease the readability of a Hub. I think if you were able to see an example you would probably agree that it does not look nice, it looks like a mistake. That said, there are certainly things we can do to make the Hub look nicer and we're working on some of those. Thanks again for the suggestion.

1. SmartAndFun profile image90
        SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

I agree, Derek. Just my personal opinion, but I do not like right-left justified text. It is distracting to read. I prefer left-justified in most cases.

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image87
        Healthy Pursuitsposted 3 years ago

Smartandfun, they're talking about justified on both sides. It forces characters to be spanned across the text line in such a way that the lines all begin and end with the same width. If you go to your word processor and make a page with a narrow text space, set the text as justified, and plug some writing into it, you'll see what it does to character spacing.

By-the-way, I'd never use the fully justified format. I prefer the less formal left justified text.