jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Uploading and Cropping Photos

1. craig17 profile image59
    craig17posted 7 years ago

Why am I finding it impossible to post my photo on your site?  How large is the maximum size allowed?  Why does cropping the large photo I have of my photo using the exact instructions given to me only result in the same error message even after choosing ANY corner and dragging while using Ctrl + Shift.  So, what is going on??  If I choose "Browse" when I click on "Upload Photo or Image," another bug shows up.  In the folder that has two good pictures of mine, why does your script INSIST on uploading the much larger photo that needs cropping while the smaller image is ignored?  This is just nonsense to me and I can't fathom why you are putting me through so much trouble doing such and important and simple thing.

Craig Barnes

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Craig, whatever your motivation - stop worrying about trying to get the perfect photo on your profile.  What matters is writing Hubs (go to your "My account" tab, click on "start a new Hub" and start writing about something interesting and informative.  You'll be very welcome to post on forums to get help and ask opinions, but the whole point of HubPages is to write Hubs.

Read some of Darkside's Hubs on how to put a Hub together.  You'll find it's much easier to put photos of any size on the Hubs themselves, where it matters a lot more anyway.

2. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Craig -

have you tried clicking the file you KNOW is smaller so that windows knows that's the one you want to upload?

Also - taken from the photo edit page (where you choose/crop your photo for Hubpages):

* jpeg, gif, or png formats are allowed
        * Image can be no larger than 8 megabytes
        * Image dimensions should be a minimum of 200x200 pixels

So, make sure the smaller photo is in an allowed file format.

Make sure it's at least 200x200 pixels.

Make sure you click the proper file before you click open.

After that, should be good to go. wink

3. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

What really puzzles me is why some people prefer to open numerous threads on the same topic? http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/11017

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes Misha and it has been pointed out that he is not interested in actually getting help. Is this what people refer to as "trolling"? I just withdrew from his Fan club!

1. craig17 profile image59
        craig17posted 7 years ago in reply to this

No problem, bye, bye, know-it-all.  Didn't ask you to be a member of my Fan club in the first place and think your attitude stinks.

4. Anti-Valentine profile image95
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

I assume you're talking about your profile picture, right?

I figured out the exact size of a photo that you should have. 148x148 should do it, but just try to get everything you want inside the space, otherwise it won't fit. I've changed my profile pictures numerous times over the past few months, so trust me.