jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Notifications for comments on Hubs

1. formosangirl profile image83
    formosangirlposted 3 years ago

I did not receive any notifications regarding readers' comments. However, I found the page where there were comments and then approved them. Only after approving them did they now appear in the notification. Since I was counting on seeing the notification for comments on my hubs, I did not realize that there were comments as old as 11 days ago. I see notification for other hubs that I have been following. Now I have concluded that it is just not reliable.

1. Simone Smith profile image93
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that, formosangirl! The way our notifications work is that you only get comment notifications for Hubs that you "Follow", and it looks like your default setting is that you first "Follow" Hubs by commenting on them (this is why you're only getting notifications after you post responses). By clicking "Follow" on your own Hubs right after you publish them, you'll get notifications when new people comment.
      Hope that helps! big_smile

2. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 3 years ago

Hi formosangirl...  Just a Tip that may help...

When you log in.. irrespective of the notification status... just go to 'My Account' - Stats...  and take a note of your number totals... especially the totals for Comments... you can see at a glance whether or not you have new comments... if so, click on 'comments' and you can see all those new details... 
    Log in to your feed and next to your avatar, you can see any comments that you haven't yet actioned!

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Notifications are flawed.  Telling people they have new comments after they have been approved, and not when there's material waiting for approval is pretty ridiculous.

4. formosangirl profile image83
    formosangirlposted 3 years ago

The same thing happened today. I did not receive a notification from the top bar. However, when I went to the current thread of new Hub activities and saw one comment next to my profile photo, I then went to accept it. Only after I accepted it did I see a notification on the black HubPages bar.

Further, by default a writer follows his or her comments. I was worried that one wouldn't.

Now that I know it is flawed, I will check for comments through the current activity page.