jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (10 posts)

copy rights

1. faythef profile image73
    faythefposted 3 years ago

Am I allowed to post the following statement on my hub page..?
    Reprints: Please feel free to link to this page. Please do not reproduce this page on the Internet; you may link to it instead. You may print this page for your own personal use but not for commercial use or distribution....
    And is there a way to make my hub page printer friendly ?

1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Alas, there used to be an easy means of printing Hubs, but it has been removing. There's still a chance that it may return, though!
      MAny Hubbers have chosen to disclose their copyright on their Hubs, however the fact that your work is copyrighted is implicit, so stating such is a bit redundant and not something at professionals tend to do.
      Hope that helps!

faythefposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks..Simone...
        In this statement I am not claiming a copyright..since I don't actually have one...
        Just hoping that stating that people may play fair..

Actually my point is I am giving away a free pattern of my own...I just want people to come to my page and get it....LOL

1. wilderness profile image97
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Actually, you do have a copyright - as Simone says it is automatic with publishing here or anywhere else.  The only real exception is if you write on sites that require you give up your ownership to the site.

You can go ahead an claim your hub is copyrighted because it is.

faythefposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Okay thank you Wilderness..I'm glad I asked. I had no idea

2. ytsenoh profile image90
    ytsenohposted 3 years ago

The copyright is automatic, but I don't know what the real value is on the internet.  Kim Cantrell posted a discussion over a week about about stolen hubs.  You might check that out.  I went to the site and saw one of my articles all copied, images and all.

We can't stop the theft, but we can almost always force the removal of our copied work by filing a DMCA.  A recent major bout with that taught me a lot, which I put into a hub for others.

1. ytsenoh profile image90
        ytsenohposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks , I'll look it up.  I also note some use Copyscape, which I'll check out.

After filing 30 DMCA's over two days, I signed up for and used copyscape the next month.  I intend to spend the $10 to run all my hubs through it about once every month or two.

2. BlossomSB profile image90
        BlossomSBposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Wilderness, that is helpful, although I hope I don't ever need to use it! That must have been difficult for you.

working