jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Just Wrote My First Hub --- Constructive Criticism Please

1. oscar86 profile image60
    oscar86posted 3 years ago

Hey guys so I just joined Hubpages a few days ago and really put a lot of effort into my first hub which I recently published. I know my topic is on a very specific niche (Competitive swimmers) and most of you probably won't be able to relate to it but I am just looking to get some constructive criticism on the writing style and layout of my hub as I don't fully understand how to use everything yet.

If you could please check out my hub and let me know what I can improve on my next one (Or even by editing this one). I know it's not a masterpiece but it is my first attempt at a hub so please be respectful and just leave suggestions on how to improve it to get more traffic or just to make it more readable and appealing to the eye.

The hub is found here: http://oscar86.hubpages.com/hub/Prepari … ve-Swimmer

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Your first photo needs some attribution.

A sidebar or two or text, maybe in blue, on interesting or pertinent specific points might be advantageous.  They can serve to draw attention of the reader to something specific that might interest them and give a little more time on page.

Subtitles could be improved; try to make them searchable; something people would put into a search.  Google will pick them up that way and possibly put more traffic through.  For instance, no one is going to search for "your diet", but might for "a swimmers diet" or "diet for swimmers".  So some keyword research and find something at least somewhat searchable that works well in the hub.

For a first hub it's great!  You will go far here if you keep this up.

1. oscar86 profile image60
        oscar86posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I saw a few hubs with that sidebar capsule but I didn't know how to insert it. 

Yeah I'll check Google Adwords to try and find which keywords are most searched for with minimal competition and change the subtitles accordingly.

Thanks for taking your time to read it I really appreciate it.

EDIT: Oh and about the image. I started the hub before I knew how to cite and forgot what website I got it on and what I searched on it. Haha yeah but I'm looking for it and will edit it in as soon as i find it

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Make a text capsule and then move it to the right (click the arrow at the top).  Once that is done, you can choose either white, gray or blue.