jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (13 posts)

No Hubs Older than Sept 2012 in Topics - Is this Fair?

1. janderson99 profile image86
    janderson99posted 3 years ago

On a quick stroll through the topics I can't find any hub older than Sept 2012. I guess this means that HP has already implemented a Policy of only showing hubs that are "Featured" and have a QAP score, that is used to assign merit. I guess that means that authors with older hubs, should edit them, so they go through QAP and so have a chance of being listed in the topics. Otherwise there may be a long wait for hubs in the backlog to be processed and have a chance to shine.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It won't bother me any - the only hubs I've ever had that got any traffic from HP are a few that made HOTD (and traffic soon died) and the handful written primarily for hubbers. 

A searcher isn't going to scan through the topics anyway, so I don't imagine it will affect my traffic at all.

janderson99posted 3 years ago in reply to this

The links are valuable.

Not very.  While there is some link juice from them it isn't much.  Nearly all my hubs have dozens if not hundreds of links from HP - another one isn't going to make any difference.

topic pages have PR values of 4 and 5   - hubber articles 0-3

1. Jenn-Anne profile image90
              Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean by topic pages?  You mean if you go to the explore hubs page and then select a topic?

2. diyomarpandan profile image61
      diyomarpandanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

Yep I could be wrong.

What was the "Last Updated" address at the end of the article?

1. Jenn-Anne profile image90
          Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

One of my hubs is there and it was last updated in August 2012.

It raises the question about when HP began to collect QAP scores, maybe before MTurks.
            Anyone have a page in the topics that was update prior to July 2012?

2. wilderness profile image95

On topic I specialize in is showing 18 of my hubs, assuming I'm understanding what "topic" means - I clicked the category at the top of the hub.

I guarantee that most of them haven't been touched since well before last September.

Looks like I was mistaken - I did not look on page 4 & 5 - some older ones were there.
            My apologies for raising undue concern.
            Cheers,

Don't feel bad - I didn't realize there was even a page 2!

2. Simone Smith profile image92
              Simone Smithposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No worries! To be fair, we do account for newness when ranking Hubs on Topic Pages to keep the choices constantly revolving and to give everyone a shot at getting some traffic through them (if we didn't do this, we'd be stuck looking at the same high quality Hubs on Topic Pages for aaaaaages).

working