jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Page views on unpublished hubs?

1. Lisa Wilton profile image87
    Lisa Wiltonposted 4 years ago

Hi all,

Forgive me if this question has been asked before but I'm still fairly new. smile

When I write hubs I tend to leave them unpublished for a while so that I can edit and then press the publish button when I am happy. On my list, however, it sometimes says that there have been up to 4 views on the unpublished hub. Before you tell me that this has been me, I haven't viewed the page 4 times myself and wouldn't it only count my views as one person given that it's from the same IP address?

If anyone has any insight on this I'd be very grateful. It's kind of disconcerting thinking that anyone might be able to see my unpublished work before it is ready.

Thanks,

Lisa

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Do you perhaps open the hub, go into edit mode to work and click the "done editing" button, backing out of edit and back into the hub?  That's 2 visits...

And absolutely multiple visits from one ip address are counted multiple times.  They'd better - a quarter or so of my views are from returning readers and I want that counted!

2. Lisa Wilton profile image87
    Lisa Wiltonposted 4 years ago

Aha! Thank you! The mystery is solved... It just shows you how little I know about it all. Thank you for answering my very silly question. You've helped a lot. big_smile

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're quite welcome.

1. Simone Smith profile image91
        Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for clearing that up, wilderness!

working